Author Topic: V Boston Town  (Read 3028 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V Boston Town
« on: July 09, 2023, 07:40:52 AM »
I suppose one of us ought to write something on here! Very interesting. The most obvious observation is that we know what style we will be playing - possession-based, to feet, with movement. I'm struggling to remember any long ball. The players (and there were two different sides in each half, giving every member of the squad and, I think, four young trialists - that in itself an improvement on the usual numbers in pre-season - a go) are clearly buying into this approach. Players looked comfortable on the ball, and although one or two particularly took the eye this is not the time and place to start making claims for X and Y etc. Time will tell. From what I saw and have heard, Cully and his staff are providing the right conditions and atmosphere for the players to progress and do well. I like the style, feel things are going in the right direction and am glad I drove over yesterday!

Prof

• View Profile
Re: V Boston Town
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 08:02:16 AM »
Broadly agree. After watching the first half I couldn't see entitely where the goals would come from, other than perhaps McLintock who has clearly benefited from some rest and Martin, but defensively we looked solid (gone was the panickyness of last season) with an impressive performance from a R-back triallist. In the second half it began to be clear where our goals might well come from this season and again a triallist (attacker) looked pretty impressive alongside Keaton Ward. The rapid transition from defence to attack via a fluid midfield that seemed comfortable in posession with a reals sense of urgency. I have not been this content with the pre-season look/feel for some years. OP you are correct, 'long ball'/'hoof ball' was just not present yesterday.

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 11:31:36 AM »
Sounds like it could be a decent season, time will tell

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 11:38:04 AM »
Question, Why will the players shirts have only numbers and no names this season? Struggle to remember what day it is so it will be the end of the season before I can put names to numbers.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 11:48:26 AM »
Forget my last post I was given duff information, Ceri assures me they were just short of letters for the shirts. I can now start learning who is who. UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »
I'm glad you haven't lost it completely, Mel. At least you found your way to Tattershall Road!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 01:10:29 PM »
me an me grandad watched boston town on 30sept did not deserve to loose 1 0 did any one on ear go wood coments if you did