Author Topic: Oh so quiet.....  (Read 14046 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh so quiet.....
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2023, 03:14:31 PM »
I voted for him only because others were injured for a big part of the season and he was ever present .

Exactly that! It was more a process of elimination than anything else. Like I say, he's a good player and I'd have been more than okay with him staying, but he didn't want to so we move on. It's not a calamity.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2023, 05:10:16 PM »
I'm sad to see him go, but agree with the comments. I believe he has a business in the NE, so it makes sense for him to go to Spennymoor.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2023, 05:13:58 PM »
Pollock's dad used to manage them, plus I believe their manager now is Pollock's godfather!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

southender

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2023, 01:08:42 AM »
Thought he was quite poor in the first half of the season and was surprised he wasn't shipped out like a lot of Cox's signings. He did improve later on but still not in Shiels class. Was also surprised he won so many awards at the end of the season but having done so just like at Hereford  and after saying he would like to stay here next season, he moves on. Although he comes from that area I'm not sure he is on very good terms with the word loyalty. No great loss. We can do better.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2023, 08:41:07 AM »
I did ask some Hereford fans about Pollock and him winning their POTS award in 21/22 and they replied to the effect that "it wasn't hard to win it in that team!" - bit like at Boston!

Chargot Chariot

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2023, 08:27:43 AM »
The Pilgrims are rumoured to be in for Aaron Jones from Kings Lynn, who was in the NLN team of the year for 22/23 season. The Lynn News the local rag down there are also reporting he is leaving and heading down the A17 to Boston. Another decent signing I think.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2023, 11:06:13 AM »
Good to National League Aldershot

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2023, 11:35:27 AM »
Brilliant journalism.

View from the Park

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2023, 02:30:16 PM »
What happened to Jo Cummings ?, no news of being released
With so few signings so far  thought he may get a contract

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2023, 03:30:48 PM »
Jo was released in May.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2023, 08:41:27 PM »
With so few signings so far

I don't get that comment. We have 14 players officially announced, and it's not even July. We're not going to be working with much more than a squad of 20...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2023, 02:42:35 PM »

I don't get that comment. We have 14 players officially announced, and it's not even July. We're not going to be working with much more than a squad of 20...

I think people are just a bit spooked by Scunny, who got their business done very early and have formidable squad depth. They must surely be favourites for the title, with the rest of us scrapping for the playoffs again.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2023, 05:30:10 PM »
I think Scunthorpe will upset several teams this coming season.
They must be favourites to win the league.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2023, 07:26:25 PM »

I think people are just a bit spooked by Scunny, who got their business done very early and have formidable squad depth. They must surely be favourites for the title, with the rest of us scrapping for the playoffs again.

But may come back to bite them on the arse, if they have a bad start. Totally different challenge for their manager, from what he did at Peterborough Sports.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2023, 08:30:09 PM »

They might have the best squad of players on paper, but how often doesn't that then translate into winning things? We know that better than most.