Author Topic: Oh so quiet.....  (Read 14043 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh so quiet.....
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2023, 10:04:19 PM »
I agree!

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2023, 10:29:56 PM »
I won't spout names on here but I've been told from a very reliable source we have what I'd describe as a big marquee player
is he a former Imp? Centre half? If yes, then I’ve heard the same

Yep, you got it!

Another one signed and waiting to be announced who has played for us before under previous management and been consistent at NLN level for the last two years with other clubs. First name begins with J!

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2023, 11:01:20 PM »
Another one signed and waiting to be announced who has played for us before under previous management and been consistent at NLN level for the last two years with other clubs. First name begins with J!

Jordan Richards??

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2023, 11:40:28 PM »

Jordan Richards??

Too easy! I've got another which I'll put out in a couple of days if the club haven't already announced it by then. Will make it incredibly hard to guess!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2023, 08:11:00 AM »
Bostwick is a potentially massive signing but then again, how many times have we had our fingers burned by potentially massive signings dropping out of the FL? That being said, he has enjoyed huge success as a player so this time it does feel a bit different! A very impressive statement of intent.

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2023, 03:02:05 PM »
McLintock signs, now just for Pollock.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2023, 03:33:33 PM »
McLintock has tons of potential - still a very "raw" player who very much lacked consistency last season, but he could blossom under the hybrid system.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2023, 06:36:02 PM »
Am also pleased to see Sam signing.

Chicken legend

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 04:27:56 PM »
I won't spout names on here but I've been told from a very reliable source we have what I'd describe as a big marquee player

Yep, you got it!

I detect a slight smell of 🐂💩

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 07:51:23 PM »

Yep, you got it!

I detect a slight smell of 🐂💩
maybe, maybe not, but what if it was the scorer of a historic York street goal….

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2023, 06:20:19 PM »
Keaton Ward, attacking midfielder from Kettering
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2023, 10:35:35 PM »
He seems to get good reports from Kettering fans.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2023, 08:17:17 AM »
The official website describes him as "highly rated", although looking through various tweets and replies to the news yesterday the only person I could see really raving about him was his mum.

Okay, I'm being a bit facetious - there were a few "some player!" type tweets, but we saw them last season for the absolute dross we brought in so I'm no longer getting excited about signings based off tweets alone!

It's going to be a really interesting pre-season because let's be honest, aside from a few of the NL stats gurus, none us have any clue how good these players actually are until we see them in the flesh and they get a few games under Cully under their belts. And I even include Bostwick in that, because stepping down to the NLN from the Football League doesn't automatically guarantee success.

I'm pretty optimistic though, the players coming in might be young but they're at the age where they're not completely naïve, have bags of energy and potential, and mixed with some experienced heads for a long old season I want to believe we're going to be an exciting outfit to watch.

(Just don't remind me of this when we're 5-0 down to Spenny first game of the season...)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2023, 08:34:20 AM »
The official website describes him as "highly rated", although looking through various tweets and replies to the news yesterday the only person I could see really raving about him was his mum.

Okay, I'm being a bit facetious - there were a few "some player!" type tweets, but we saw them last season for the absolute dross we brought in so I'm no longer getting excited about signings based off tweets alone!

It's going to be a really interesting pre-season because let's be honest, aside from a few of the NL stats gurus, none us have any clue how good these players actually are until we see them in the flesh and they get a few games under Cully under their belts. And I even include Bostwick in that, because stepping down to the NLN from the Football League doesn't automatically guarantee success.

I'm pretty optimistic though, the players coming in might be young but they're at the age where they're not completely naïve, have bags of energy and potential, and mixed with some experienced heads for a long old season I want to believe we're going to be an exciting outfit to watch.

(Just don't remind me of this when we're 5-0 down to Spenny first game of the season...)

The official website describes every signing as 'highly rated' so I think you can dismiss that as simply Craig's go to phrase for any signing.

5 goals in 45 games from midfield isn't startling, but what we don't see are his his assists, tackles or possession stats, thats more important for a midfielder.

But some of our lot make me laugh, every signing is hailed as a great coup, the 'I remember him from the game last season, he was their best player'........absolute garbage........lets give the kid a chance, he can't be any worse than some of the absolute whoppers we got lumbered with last summer.

And yes, his mum does seem very happy, as does his girlfriend, they've probably seen our VIP facilities.....