Author Topic: Hednesford  (Read 2474 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Hednesford
« on: May 28, 2023, 09:25:22 AM »
They are unable to field a team next season.  Very sad, lovely ground and friendly staff.  We played them a few years back in the FA cup and was impressed with the setup.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hednesford
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 11:19:37 AM »
We were always welcomed there Mick and as you say they were lovely people and it is indeed a lovely ground however, this is not the forst time this has happened, Some years ago they were the big thing in Non League football spending well beyond their means and as is usual with such clubs came crashing down and they have strggled ever since.
We also now have a lovely stadium and everything that goes with it and I am just grateful we have owners who are determined to keep the club sustainable.  UTP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 07:35:36 PM »
Well said Mel, they're not the first and will not be the last.
I can see much bigger clubs than them going down the pan.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 03:55:24 PM »
Interesting to note in today's NLP that businessmen have saved both Hednesford and Stalybridge Celtic from impending doom and they'll be competing at step 4 next season