Author Topic: Refs  (Read 5872 times)

bb1

Refs
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
Went to the match on Saturday and once again an official decision went against us.the ball a good foot over the line not given.It was asked on another thread why we can't beat the teams around us.Having been to every match i feel that poor decisions went against us on this and two more occasions the ref losing control against Retford and the offside goal given to BPA .This is not sour grapes as the games against Lowerstoft and Quorn were abysmal.This side are good enough they just need to put away the chances they create so the odd bad decision doesn't make any difference to the outcome of the match.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Re: Refs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
       You might be interested to learn that the linesman on the left was speaking to their full back on christian name terms during the match. I was along the touch line and heard in. Couldn`t believe it.
Nuff said!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:03:58 PM »
Although after that, we were also on first name terms with the full back ;D
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

I didn't go to Saturday's match at Kendal due to a virus, so can't comment on this year's officials.

I can however remember last year's fixture at Kendal. A lot of supporters remember it as the game in which Matt Bloomer managed to keep his kit immaculately clean despite a mud bath of a pitch. It will also remembered for the return of Paul Ellender. If I'm not mistaken though there was also an incident where the linesman was receiving a little bit of stick from Boston supporters, and responded with a one-fingered gesture behind his back as he ran down the line.

bb1

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »
I was talking to a couple of Kendal fans and they told me the ref in the play offs last year let a hand ball goal stand allowing Ilkeston to go up. It shows how important a decision against can be even if it was as they saw it.Similarly a ref decision against Bolton in the FA cup in big Sams view lost them the momentum the club a lot of money and a trip to Wembley.There are many cases of ref's getting it wrong.lets hope the one on Saturday don't cost us at the end of the season as the players can do nothing except keep scoring and hope there given.It was however a good game to watch well worth the trip.As for Kendal don.t think they have enough to cope with their backlog of games my opinion but think they will struggle.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »
Ollie Ryan played against us for Harrogate Town in Trophy lasted about 9 minuetes and went off injured.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
Ollie Ryan played against us for Harrogate Town in Trophy lasted about 9 minuetes and went off injured.

Was the game against Durham as close as the score suggests on Saturday?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »

We dominated possesion wise, had a goal disalowed mindyou so did Durham. Overall we was terrible.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »

We dominated possesion wise, had a goal disalowed mindyou so did Durham. Overall we was terrible.

The result shows that to be fair, is that the closest Durham have come to a point?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »

The result shows that to be fair, is that the closest Durham have come to a point?
Home results against Ashton 0-1
Frickley 2-3
Guisley 2-3
Ossett 1-2 .......
Maybe something in the home advantage of an artificial pitch  :-\
They generally do much worse away

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
A lot of their current players have work commitments that prevent them from travelling away. Consequently the away team gets filled with whoever can make it. The home team is picking up form, wouldn't surprise me if they pick up some points at home before the end of the season.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 07:55:07 PM »
lets hope it aint against us then
"till saturday comes"