Author Topic: Non-League Finals Day  (Read 2006 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Non-League Finals Day
« on: May 22, 2023, 08:31:02 AM »
I had a great time at this yesterday, and can thoroughly recommend it if you haven't been (it's only £25 for both games, and just a tenner for me having hit a certain age). The finals were interesting rather than riveting, and if the Trophy final was indicative of the level in the NL I don't think we need to be too worried about the standard when and if we get back there. Well done to both Ascot and Halifax.

Half the fun was having time to look around the 'new' Wembley (it was my first time) without excessive crowds, and it was great to mix (in the neutral supporters section) with fans of QPR, Reading, Chelsea etc. It would be even better to go back next year with the Pilgrims in the final again!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Non-League Finals Day
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 08:32:46 AM »
I went to the first ever game at Wembley back in 2007 and haven't been back since! Sounds like a cracking day out though - I'll have to consider it next year.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 09:34:57 PM »
I've been to the new Wembley too many times to get the "wow" factor anymore, unfortunately. Doesn't stop me going, but much less likely to go to a match as a neutral.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 10:02:59 PM »
It's a strange experience not caring who wins, but a pleasant change after a nail-biting season. I'd be happy to go again.

BTW Jordan Keane was out injured for Hailfax, and Max Wright only came on towards the end for them. Lirak Hasani was cuptied for Gateshead.