Author Topic: 90 years.  (Read 2228 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
90 years.
« on: May 06, 2023, 09:45:43 AM »
Are they going to have a special shirt for this celebration year, or wait  and have one for a hundred? I'm wondering if I'll make another ten years! 🤣
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
Re: 90 years.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 11:59:06 AM »
Are they going to have a special shirt for this celebration year, or wait  and have one for a hundred? I'm wondering if I'll make another ten years! 🤣
I’d like to see us using a throw back to the kits of the thirties, (accepted it wasn’t amber), but I might well find myself in the minority if we run out in blue or black every week.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 01:56:09 PM »
What colour were the kits in the 30's?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:57:43 PM by lonegunman »
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 10:19:52 AM »
Originally (but for a short time only) Blue shirts with white shorts, but this was soon replaced by black shirts with a white V, white shorts and black socks
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:22:04 AM by TheThirdTwin »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 10:37:08 AM »
That could happen if they wanted to in ten years time, when we hit one hundred.

Oscar Wilde