Author Topic: New season players  (Read 5865 times)

View from the Park

• View Profile
New season players
« on: April 25, 2023, 06:50:42 PM »
Well now we safe, soon will be time for departures and arrivals of players, I'm sure we will be pushing for playoffs next season
Who would you like to join the playing staff  be sensible

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New season players
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 07:05:49 PM »
Danny Elliott.

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 09:04:40 PM »
Nixon and Chadwick

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 07:54:15 AM »
Shane Byrne

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 09:55:25 AM »
With the chairman's update this morning moving to a 'hybrid' full time playing squad model, this will make a difference in who stays and goes. Training a JCS 3 days per week.  Players who have full time jobs and play for us alongside this will then have to make a decision to play for us full time and quit their job or not play for us next season, some will want to, some won't depending on the career they have outside of football their own situation. Players will also have to commute to Boston 3 days a week for training + home match days rather than the current northern training base, so that will also have an impact on the decision for any that don't live near Boston. I'd expect we may lose 1 or 2 of the current squad because of this but long term will be good for the club to progress, and some players will welcome this move e.g. in a podcast a few months ago Burrow said he'd go full time if the opportunity came. If Hull release Nixon or Chadwick, I expect this now makes Boston a more attractive option for them next season.

The move to the JCS to make the club financially viable and allow investment into the playing squad will allow us to progress on the field now. We've often been in and around the playoffs in the this league but never really made a serious title challenge, hopefully, that can change now, I think it's got to the point where it would be very hard to win the league without going full time.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 10:12:29 AM »
Very good news. With Cully and his team working on the players " full time " will make us fitter better organised and build even better team spirit. Well done David,bring on the new season.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 12:02:48 PM »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 01:04:22 PM »
With the chairman's update this morning moving to a 'hybrid' full time playing squad model, this will make a difference in who stays and goes. Training a JCS 3 days per week.  Players who have full time jobs and play for us alongside this will then have to make a decision to play for us full time and quit their job or not play for us next season, some will want to, some won't depending on the career they have outside of football their own situation. Players will also have to commute to Boston 3 days a week for training + home match days rather than the current northern training base, so that will also have an impact on the decision for any that don't live near Boston. I'd expect we may lose 1 or 2 of the current squad because of this but long term will be good for the club to progress, and some players will welcome this move e.g. in a podcast a few months ago Burrow said he'd go full time if the opportunity came. If Hull release Nixon or Chadwick, I expect this now makes Boston a more attractive option for them next season.

The move to the JCS to make the club financially viable and allow investment into the playing squad will allow us to progress on the field now. We've often been in and around the playoffs in the this league but never really made a serious title challenge, hopefully, that can change now, I think it's got to the point where it would be very hard to win the league without going full time.

Indeed. There was some discussion here recently about whether the JCS was providing us the financial strength to move to a full-time or "day training"/hybrid approach. Well, we got our answer today. This is something we could never have done at York Street, so brilliant news all round - it's the only way we're going to escape this bloody division. Thankfully we have a chairman who had the vision and ambition to put in place the infrastructure to turn us into a true seven day a week operation, so while I'm a tad disappointed there was no update on the South Stand today, this is a big moment for Boston United.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023, 01:05:03 PM »
Danny Elliott.

He's under contract at Scunny next season, I believe. So not him, sadly.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2023, 02:37:39 PM »
Shane Byrne

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2023, 09:58:39 PM »
What a great day. Anyone would think we were in playoffs nearly 2500 fans great atmosphere. Good performance and both teams had a go (Hope Telford come back as they are a similar type club to us )
  Looking forward to the next season. 

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2023, 12:25:43 PM »
Lovely day out. My brother-in-law drove me from Birmingham. Strange game, Telford should have been 2-0 up before we scored. I would not be surprised to see Chadwick in Hull City's 1st team squad next season. Thorndike is a rough diamond who could be anything. Jake Wright annoyed various opposition players as usual, he makes me smile.
Bad news about Luke Shiels. I thought he looked a little downbeat after the game.
Excellent fish and chips from Ellenders restaurant. I suspect the bar had record takings.
Signing off till August now. Good luck to IC with recruitment. All the best to fellow Pilgrims for an enjoyable summer.

UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023, 08:30:37 AM »
It's inevitable given the new hybrid system that we will have an even greater close season turnover of players than usual. As we've already seen, it means the end of some favourite players, but you certainly can't blame someone like Luke Shiels who has a good job for wanting to look to the future. Let's hope hybrid widens our scope for attracting players of the level we need. It could (should) be exciting times. One thing we can say: it is never dull supporting BUFC! UTP.

PS It was certainly an eye-opener (and enormously impressive) for me to see the number of youngsters in club teams who paraded at half time on Saturday. These things don't happen by accident, and it shows what the club is increasingly all about.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2023, 08:42:48 AM »
An inspiring afternoon all round.

Luke has been an outstanding player and leader. It’s hard to remember a missed header, pass, block or tackle.

One of our best.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2023, 05:31:55 PM »
Training at the JCS should widen the scope for players ie Midlands, not just from up t’north