Author Topic: Are we safe?  (Read 4922 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Are we safe?
« on: April 07, 2023, 06:50:31 PM »
That finish line is getting closer,are we going to make it?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
Re: Are we safe?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 07:17:32 PM »
would be incredibly disappointed if we go down from here to be honest.

i mean, i'm quite annoyed that we ever got like this - but we really were terrible at the start of the season weren't we!

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 07:31:55 PM »
Not quite there but yes I think so. I really admire the squad and management team for dealing with the adversity since Kettering (and basically since Cox left). Obvious MOM but special mention to Tom Nixon today within a team where every player performed..

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 10:15:08 AM »
Top of the current (six game) form table along with Curzon, so it would take a total meltdown to lose it now.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 04:36:26 PM »
we are safe trust me

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 05:41:11 PM »
Well, if my maths are correct, we're almost there.

We could be mathematically safe before we play again at Curzon Ashton next week.

Farsley Celtic v Blyth Spartans is on Tuesday and, if Blyth don't win, we are safe!!

If Blyth do win on Tuesday we'll probably just need a point given our superior goal difference.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 09:55:43 PM »
Still not quite there yet.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 05:03:00 PM »
We are now!

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 05:07:56 PM »
Brilliant display by the ten men. Leading until the 90th minute and surviving 8 minutes of added time. Well done to all concerned. You should be proud of yourselves.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 05:16:05 PM »
Absolutely. Well done to all. Now let's get the rebuild of the team on the way. Don't like to single out players but all I'll say is well done Billy 👍👍
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 05:18:03 PM by dt woodhall »

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023, 05:30:22 PM »
Brilliant team effort. Could someone please explain the penalty and sending off? A mystery to me..

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023, 06:58:39 PM »
Snap, I've no idea either,  seemed very soft to me.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2023, 07:13:24 AM »
At least we can enjoy Saturday's game!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2023, 09:33:41 AM »
A very good performance against a well organised team. The sending off was a mystery to me. I admit I was pretty far away from the call.  What I saw was their forward trying a head height scissor kick and landing in a heap on top of Nixon. That's what it looked like from where I, and and several others were standing.  We thought the referee had blown for dangerous play by their forward. We were shocked to see the penalty given.  I, and all those stood around me then had a collective Chris Kamara moment.  We did not realise Nixon had been sent off ::) ::) We were too far away from the incident to give a true verdict. 

I know the officials at this level leave a lot to be desired, but why does it always seem to be us they don't favour?  We had a nailed on penalty turned down before that incident.  Chadwick with just the keeper to beat, scythed down by their number 5.  I did have a good view of that incident, the ball never changed direction after the tackle, always a good sign that they never got the ball.

A good following yesterday, I am sure this helped get the lads over the line, well done.  Just a foot note, all the players came over to applaud the travelling support. Also so did Bazza, but Culverhouse came out to congratuate the players but did'nt acknowledge the away fans .  Maybe an oversight, but was noticed by a good few around me.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2023, 10:14:42 AM »
I can always get over a ref making a mistake but having the likes of him yesterday who was clearly incompetent is getting a little bit to common. Penalty? hard to say but a sending off never, our penalty Jake chopped down and not even a yellow, what really pees me off is that the lad Nixon can't play in our last game next week denying us the fans chance of saying thanks for the huge part the lad has played in our battle for survival, a thanks he so richly deserves. Yet again all the lads gave everything yesterday and really deserved to win the game. Just a note regarding the manager yesterday he did come over with the team and gave big waves and lonf claps of appreciation to the fans. UTP