Author Topic: York  (Read 2202 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
York
« on: March 09, 2023, 08:23:39 AM »
I have taken Mrs Dip away to York for a couple of days. We are staying in a little B&B down Bootham Crescent. The old ground is now a building site. The owner of the B&B is a York city season ticket holder. We have had a long conversation about both our teams. Talking about the play off final, he thought their first goal was lucky because it came from a throw in which should have been ours. I said it should have been a foul against them 😄😄.Hes also very surprised at the predicament we find ourselves in.  I am wearing my Boston hat with pride, but getting a few funny looks  :laugh:
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: York
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 08:51:36 AM »
No complaints from me about the play-off final to be honest. We simply didn't show up, and after the heroics against Kiddy and Fylde I think we all knew it was maybe one game too far for the group. They looked knackered.

I know our new ground has its detractors, but York's stadium really is depressing....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 09:19:52 AM »
We were having a bit of banter. He mentioned the first goal. I think that set the tone for the match. I agree with you concerning their ground. I think the shopping complex was planned and the stadium was an afterthought. Maybe our ground will grow on me when the south stand is completed.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 11:48:33 AM »
They had properly done their homework on us for that game imo…

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 08:57:47 AM »
The terrace behind the goal was made bigger to "replicate" the Town End! Otherwise that would have been the same height too. Thing is, we have a stadium that's far more appropriate to the size of the club now. York Street was far too big for us. That's the thing that really upsets people, a sort of loss of "status" from being in a massive stadium that was only ever full about twice in its history.