Author Topic: Spennymoor  (Read 2309 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Spennymoor
« on: March 08, 2023, 09:28:26 AM »
I have waited until this morning before commenting on the game.

I am very disappointed we got nothing out of the game, I thought a draw was the right result. I am not an Atkinson fan, but the abuse he was getting from a couple of mouths in the West stand was unacceptable. Players make mistakes and he did, but to then rip the poor man to pieces for 70 minutes was out of order.

I thought for the first twenty minutes we had a very entertaining match. Spennymoor played some nice football, we struggled to cope in midfield.  Both teams had chances, but Atkinson's mistake resulted in them scoring.  Then Spennymoor changed their tactics. Diving, fouling, playing for time and cheating.

When I saw who the referee was my heart sunk.  We have had him before and he gave us nothing.  Well Mr Davis you did not disappoint. The person next to me said he is inept.  I said "if a person is inept they are no good at their job, he is bias" He gave us nothing.  He booked our players and let their players get away with the same thing. He bottled a sending off in the firsrt half, when their keeper handled outside the box( I would like to see the replay ). I would also like to see the penalty decision. Our players and the crowd that side seemed to be up in arms.

I would also like to mention the disgraceful display by Rob Ramshaw. On several occasions in the second half he made obscene gestures to the West stand fans.  My friend had his little girl there, if it was a fan that did that, they would get a banning order.

I can take losing a game, but the way we lost it hurts. Or did I see the match in a bias way?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 10:27:14 AM »
Can't comment on the game as a whole but I've seen the penalty this morning and.... I think it's a penalty. Sure the Spenny player has made a bit of a meal of it, which makes it look a proper dive, but it was a clumsy challenge with contact - the knee's gone into the guy's upper thigh and he's tumbled to the ground exactly how I'd want one of our lot to do it in the other box.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:46:19 AM »
The referee was very very poor and was very inconsistent. A draw would have been a fair result. We played ok but never really seemed to keep control of the ball, particularly up front where Jordan and Jake did not seem fully fit. I felt for our manager at the end and I’m actually an Atkinson fan. What upset me the most was the referee smiling continually as he came off. Hopefully they are always assessed..

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 04:08:22 PM »
I think I might know why the ref didn't send thier keeper off. In rugby the player has to have control of the ball when it is grounded for the try to stand. Last night the goalie grabbed the ball inside the area, but as he crossed the penalty area line, he dropped it. He wasn't in hand contact with the ball.
As for Spennymoor's tactics as the game went on, I think the vast majority of managers would label that "game management". I think IC was far more annoyed with the ref.
I doubt whether Burrow and Wright are fully match-fit, but I salute them for being available for selection.

UTP

P.S. I'll be surprised if the Blyth game survives the weather.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 04:53:22 PM »
I have waited until this morning before commenting on the game.

I am very disappointed we got nothing out of the game, I thought a draw was the right result. I am not an Atkinson fan, but the abuse he was getting from a couple of mouths in the West stand was unacceptable. Players make mistakes and he did, but to then rip the poor man to pieces for 70 minutes was out of order.

I thought for the first twenty minutes we had a very entertaining match. Spennymoor played some nice football, we struggled to cope in midfield.  Both teams had chances, but Atkinson's mistake resulted in them scoring.  Then Spennymoor changed their tactics. Diving, fouling, playing for time and cheating.

When I saw who the referee was my heart sunk.  We have had him before and he gave us nothing.  Well Mr Davis you did not disappoint. The person next to me said he is inept.  I said "if a person is inept they are no good at their job, he is bias" He gave us nothing.  He booked our players and let their players get away with the same thing. He bottled a sending off in the firsrt half, when their keeper handled outside the box( I would like to see the replay ). I would also like to see the penalty decision. Our players and the crowd that side seemed to be up in arms.

I would also like to mention the disgraceful display by Rob Ramshaw. On several occasions in the second half he made obscene gestures to the West stand fans.  My friend had his little girl there, if it was a fan that did that, they would get a banning order.

I can take losing a game, but the way we lost it hurts. Or did I see the match in a bias way?
Ramshaw also did the same thing to the east stand. Disgraceful behaviour and all seen by the linesman.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 10:40:43 PM »
Have stalled to comment on this one. But agree with Dipdodah 100%. A very sour taste in the mouth last night and most of today.