Author Topic: Fan Engagement  (Read 1913 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Fan Engagement
« on: February 22, 2023, 04:44:14 PM »
The club has never had so many employees as it has now, yet fan engagement is at an all time low.

Its back to the 80's and 90's where communication was almost non existent and confined to a privileged handful of people.

I'll be honest, I couldn't care less about how some non entity from Nottingham is getting on with his calf injury, but I am interested to hear what the clubs plans are going forward.I'd love to know what the plans are if we are relegated, and what structures are put in place to ensure this shambles of a season aren't repeated and going forward is there a desire for Conference National football in my lifetime

If there is a plan other than trying to sell out hospitality every week........

Anyone would think the club are quietly hoping that by saying nothing they'll hope this whole mess of a season will slip quietly by and the fans won't notice.

It says a lot that a fan led voluntary statistical account posts more than the club, that should be a source of great embarrassment. 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Engagement
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 05:38:38 PM »
See Mel's post above (or below now, as I've replied to this!). I think we're all in agreement! I did take up Chris Young's challenge to suggest a fans' forum in The Pilgrim, and in fairness David Newton did respond in his notes the following home game saying, essentially, "yes we will have one... but not yet." But like I said in my reply to Mel, only people who bought and read the programme will have seen that, and most don't. The silence can seem deafening at times.

Only thing I'd slightly disagree with you on is that sometimes reporting on injuries does avoid some unnecessary aggro. Lots of fans have been speculating about the whereabouts of Keenan Ferguson and Scott Pollock and having a pop at the manager for leaving them out. Turns out they've both been injured but we didn't know. Craig didn't even know where Scott Pollock was the other week when asked on commentary: "Dunno where he is," he said. It seems even communication within the club isn't particularly great!

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Engagement
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 05:45:13 PM »
Again, I'm with you both (see below/above as appropriate). I'd wondered too about KF and SP until something was finally said - but with KF, I believe, initially only in the programme), but at least I can confirm both were there yesterday as they came into Ellender's after the game!