Author Topic: Results last night  (Read 2692 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Results last night
« on: February 15, 2023, 07:34:42 AM »
Farsley won away at Scarborough so we’re back in the relegation zone. Farsley, Buxton, Kettering, Curzon all on good run of form over the last five games. We need a win on Saturday

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Results last night
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 08:26:10 AM »
Buxton have recruited well and are on a bit of a roll under Rich and Elliott - shocker.

Farsley have been on some great form - their FA Trophy run hasn't dented it at all and if anything seems to have helped their confidence in the league.

Be thankful for Leamington's tanking results otherwise we might be points adrift by now! They've not won in the league since October!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 01:03:22 PM »
I think IC and PB will be targeting certain games.  I feel 50 points will be the target.  So another 20 points at least to reach safety.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 03:13:20 PM »
I think IC and PB will be targeting certain games.  I feel 50 points will be the target.  So another 20 points at least to reach safety.

I think targeting certain games would be a mistake. Every point counts and we need to scrap in every single game until now til the end of the season, otherwise we'll go down.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 05:38:17 PM »
100% agree. There is not that much between any of the teams, as recent results have shown. We need to aim to win every game at present.. just as other teams around us are..

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 09:24:58 AM »

I think targeting certain games would be a mistake. Every point counts and we need to scrap in every single game until now til the end of the season, otherwise we'll go down.
I agree, each game must be approached with a mindset of taking something from it. It’s no good thinking a defeat today can be rectified next week…often “next week” will bite you in the a$$. Points in the bag are a must.