Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 2857 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Darlington
« on: February 11, 2023, 08:32:10 PM »
Well I didn’t see that coming!! Brilliant all round performance by everyone! Now just have to repeat next game.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Darlington
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 08:36:00 PM »
The whole team were outstanding. Brilliant win. IMO Jordan Burrows was MOM and key to us winning..

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 08:44:55 PM »
Shows how shite the league is.  We battered them and they've been winning away for fun.
Is there honestly a decent side in this league???
Only fylde looked remotely decent and they're now 3pts clear.
Whoever goes up will surely go straight back down, almost embarrassing for the league to send anyone up, yet we're 1 of the worst sides in it!

Great performance today. Work rate, quality, spot on
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 12:19:32 AM by joshb »

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 09:50:43 PM »
You can see their manager`s reaction and the goals here on Darlington`s website.
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/alun-reacts-to-boston-united-defeat

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 10:16:41 PM »
Just watched their managers interview, Was he watching the same game as everyone else, "We should have been up at half time" It could easily have been four or five for Boston at half time. Have to agree with Josh if Darlington were just one point off the top going into this game it proves what a poor league this is this season, they looked poor however, taking nothing away from our lads with a performance that probably made Darlington look poor. More of this 100% committment from the boys and I for one will sleep easier.  UTP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 07:06:00 AM »
Trust me to be ill in bed for the last two days! :(
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 09:20:43 AM »
I also thought King's Lynn were only average.  Two mistakes cost us.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 10:08:50 AM »
Their manager, whatever one thinks of one or two comments, made many points that we can agree with, such as we seemed to want it more (we snapped into everything). He acknowledged that Jordan B had his best game for us since he came back, and I'm sure that MOTM was between him and Zak Mills who I thought deserved it. But nobody had a bad game and it was a really good performance. I was surprised that we made the two subs, as I felt that invited them on to us in the latter stages. But I'm not complaining, and IC would doubtless point to the fact that we won as vindication! Let's hope at last we have turned the corner. UTP.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 10:54:08 AM »
Yippee!!! I bet DN has a big smile on his face this morning and the Sunday roast will go down a treat.I certainly hope so. I don't know if the Darlington management/ownership is the same as when they double-crossed us over that abandoned game, but I hope it is. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Now onto Chester, which is a hard place to get a result. They are full-timers but I'm certain yesterday's result and performance will boost the players' confidence.

UTP

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 06:41:54 PM »
On paper we had 6 ‘defenders’ and a defensive midfielder