Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 6423 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2023, 12:32:38 PM »
We just can't defend simple as. Honestly thought we were a tad unlucky with the efforts hitting the posts and scrambled of their line, also thought there was plenty of effort today but Zac was so unlucky to give away the penalty attempting to clear and not aware the player steaming in on his blind side and connecting with him at the same time as the ball, no intent whatsoever. It's awful these days when even when we score first it does little to lift the spirits of the fans it's as though we know what will happen which is so sad. Our Chairman and vice Chairman stood with the wonderful supporters and you could see the hurt in their faces. I am sure they will do all in their power to make things turn round but how I dont know.  UTP
me granndad went to boston town it was not the best of games but wot he liked about town they watch out for each other and defend in numbers but sadly they never went forward in numbers if it makes sence

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2023, 01:47:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me why we signed Bastock as one of the management team? Seems to have done nothing to improve our defence tactics. Is he just a waste of money?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 05:33:22 PM »
Can anyone tell me why we signed Bastock as one of the management team? Seems to have done nothing to improve our defence tactics. Is he just a waste of money?

He came as the package with Ian Culverhouse as his assistant manager, what would you want/like him to do? considering he is only his assistant and not the boss!

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2023, 10:24:40 PM »
The calling of the chairman is being made by the usual suspects.  The same minority that called for the heads of Greene, Elliot, Cox etc. Stability is the only way we are going to get through this.

My opinion is that we need Pearson back. We have never had a fully fit back line. On paper our back line ( including Pearson ) should be sufficient.

I'm afraid the squad we have, is what we are stuck with.  The old adage " build from the back seems to be overlooked "

Keep supporting them, because calling for heads is not doing the team's confidence any good.
My God what a sensible post this is.
I'm sick of the vitriol that comes from some fans of the club.
It's all about finger pointing and blame finding.
To now blame the chairman is ridiculous.
It's a tough time but fans should be pulling together not ripping everything to bits.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2023, 09:21:20 AM »
Agree with all of  that. What a difficult position David and Neil are in. Time is running out to turn it around. Do they stick with what we have? See how performances are over the next 2 games? Identify who could get us out of this (no doubt with incentives) in the meantime if those 2 performances are poor?

The time for criticism of the staff has gone. Support is needed. However, what do the board do to give us the best chance of beating relegation? This is where the best leaders thrive but it’s not easy.

What would you do?

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2023, 10:57:30 AM »
When you already have the best Chairman in the history of non league football, what do others expect if he was to depart?

Legend, and the envy of others all over the Country.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2023, 02:59:47 PM »
Spot on, without DN we would have nothing.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2023, 03:01:32 PM »
David Newton is a fine custodian of Boston United. He's pulled us back from the brink of oblivion and set us up for success - what's been happening on the pitch this season is entirely down to shoddy recruitment and piss poor managerial acumen. That's not his fault per se, although I recognise that he obviously appointed these people. He hasn't got every decision right but no-one ever will. We're in good hands and we are set up to be successful in the future - this season has just been an unmitigated disaster for other reasons.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2023, 03:15:57 PM »
100% agree but what do you think he should do about the current situation?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2023, 03:32:34 PM »
I genuinely don't know what we can do to fix this.

Normally I have a few opinions but right now I'm at a complete loss.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2023, 04:45:09 PM »
I agree, Pete, that I don't know what should happen. Before the Kettering game I thought that things were showing signs of coming together. And the first hour or so there suggested it was, 2-0 up and defending well against hoofball and throwball tactics on a dreadful pitch. But we know what's happened since. Whatever we do, the idiots mustn't be allowed to p*ss off DN and NK after what they've done for us.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2023, 06:50:13 PM »
I agree, Pete, that I don't know what should happen. Before the Kettering game I thought that things were showing signs of coming together. And the first hour or so there suggested it was, 2-0 up and defending well against hoofball and throwball tactics on a dreadful pitch. But we know what's happened since. Whatever we do, the idiots mustn't be allowed to p*ss off DN and NK after what they've done for us.

Quite right David I will defend our Board to the ends of the earth against some of the idiots on another site. Although I only got involved supporting Boston United 30 years ago I was totally involved during the club being on very edge and have real first hand knowledge of just what David and Neil did for this club, its fans, and the people of Boston. In fairness the majority of supporters have been truly magnificent and it is important we stay together and give whoever the management is our full support.  UTP

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 02:21:10 PM »
We got to see this season out for sour we will stay up if we all let people get on with there jobs I cant  SEE any so called supporter doing any better so lets all shut up and put up with what we have WE WILL BE FINE

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 05:59:24 PM »

What makes you think he is the defensive coach? He is the goalkeeping coach (naturally) in the pre-match warm-ups and as he runs (if it's still going) a goalkeeping school, I assume he does it at training too. Culverhouse himself was a centre half, so I think the defensive buck stops with him.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2023, 07:46:27 PM »
I think goalkeeping coaches have an important role to play in the entire back unit in fairness, at least in terms of working with the defence on set pieces and to cut out daft errors and miscommunication. And when Bazza approached the fans on Saturday he was protesting that they give players instructions to defend set pieces and they're not being followed. But yeah, probably unfair to single him out for our current woes - truth is, all three of them are responsible and all three of them, sadly, simply haven't been anywhere near good enough.... yet!!