Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 6420 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Alfreton
« on: February 04, 2023, 04:31:35 PM »
Here we go again

Batistuta

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 04:34:29 PM »
Not surprised at all, we're rubbish. That's putting it gently too.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 04:55:19 PM »
Lost 3-1  NPL here we come :'(

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 05:22:16 PM »
One win in 13 games now, 23 points lost from winning positions this season.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 05:34:28 PM »
‘Be careful what you wish for.’ Famous last words. Has it all gone wrong from the sacking of Elliott. At least he mostly brought in decent loan players.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 05:40:11 PM »
Indeed it has. The crowd turned against him when we dropped out of the play offs. He was very hard done to and that’s how he felt. Now look. We’d do well to have him now…

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 05:42:10 PM »
Just listened to Culverhouse interview. He’s lost the plot. ‘We’re going to get out of trouble by working hard’

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 05:50:26 PM »
Long gone is the cheery bloke he's now done to single word answers and with it an abrasive demeanour. Don't think he has any answers for our dismal situation.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 06:21:52 PM »
Sarah & Andrea: "Time to say Goodbye". How can this farce be allowed to continue? I suppose it is the pay off amount that will be contractually due to Mr Culverhouse for the early termination of his management.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 07:59:08 PM »
Didn’t go today. How was the effort or desire?

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 08:36:03 PM »
Didn’t go today. How was the effort or desire?
However gutted I am at the result I think there was plenty of desire and effort however the usual mistakes you can't afford to make in this league reared their head.
Firstly we started on top and deserved to take the lead, though I can't  see why Zak dived in on a long ball to his blind side giving away a penalty that the ref hesitated to give. Seemed soft , player was going no where.
After the Tuesday night bombardment the long throw in that landed directly to Thewlis a yard out showed how we struggle to deal with these balls for their 2nd goal. Shame Scott Garner retired cos we needed him today.
Unfortunately the amount of corners we conceded in the second half meant that Thewlis was able to head in his second. Game over , though of course we had 2 shots against the post , 1 off the line and Willis making a couple of great saves just to give us false hope.
On another day we'd have scored more but when you give the opposition 2/3 goals every match defeat is inevitable
3 away coaches today hopefully the players start to respond to this support v Darlo , Chester & Brackley

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 09:23:07 PM »
We just can't defend simple as. Honestly thought we were a tad unlucky with the efforts hitting the posts and scrambled of their line, also thought there was plenty of effort today but Zac was so unlucky to give away the penalty attempting to clear and not aware the player steaming in on his blind side and connecting with him at the same time as the ball, no intent whatsoever. It's awful these days when even when we score first it does little to lift the spirits of the fans it's as though we know what will happen which is so sad. Our Chairman and vice Chairman stood with the wonderful supporters and you could see the hurt in their faces. I am sure they will do all in their power to make things turn round but how I dont know.  UTP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 10:56:44 PM »
‘Be careful what you wish for.’ Famous last words. Has it all gone wrong from the sacking of Elliott. At least he mostly brought in decent loan players.
Ii know this sentiment won't go down well with a few on here, but it has to said,  it all went wrong the day the 'kno*head army' had their spats with Greene. Since then we have not seen any decent flowing football, not even under Elliott.
I am also bemused at several fans who are now turning on the chairman, after all he has done. If they force him out in the same way as they did Greene then we have no club, simple as.

I get that fans get angry when things are not as they expect, but we still need to be a unit as a fan base, not divided. Things are not great on the pitch, and time is ticking. I can't argue with that.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 09:36:06 AM »
Although the football was better under Greene, that last part season was terrible and he didn’t get us as close to going up as Elliott. Things deteriorated with Elliot last year due to unrealistic expectations that we simply had to turn up and we’d walk the league but we were in the play offs and so to sack then seemed premature and so it proved to be. I’d probably have given him to the end of the season and had a “taken as far as he could” mutual parting.

My only criticism of the chairman is some of his choices in managers (Drury, Lee and Cox to some extent although at the time I’d have appointed Cox too). The calling for a new board/owner by some I have seen is incredibly disrespectful when looking at where we were when the Chestnuts took over and making money from commercial ventures to then invest is a good thing and not the club 85 is full and that is all that matters view that some have of the chairman.

Notwithstanding all that, we’re in the crap and don’t look like getting out of it any time soon. This run until mid-March could sink us before we start to play the teams around us again.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 12:31:14 PM »
The calling of the chairman is being made by the usual suspects.  The same minority that called for the heads of Greene, Elliot, Cox etc. Stability is the only way we are going to get through this.

My opinion is that we need Pearson back. We have never had a fully fit back line. On paper our back line ( including Pearson ) should be sufficient.

I'm afraid the squad we have, is what we are stuck with.  The old adage " build from the back seems to be overlooked "

Keep supporting them, because calling for heads is not doing the team's confidence any good.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late