Author Topic: Kettering  (Read 4689 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 03:06:15 PM »
Add Martin Hardy to the list.
He would never have given up.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 04:32:21 PM »
In the words of Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli, Time to Say Goodbye?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2023, 05:02:00 PM »
You are not going to get the desire and commitment where a team has four or five on loan players in it. How many loan players have we had this season where we could say they were excellent? None!
How many players signed this season have been brilliant signings? None!
Sean Pollock and Sam McClintock have showed flashes of class but not consistently.
Culverhouse said ‘the second half of the season would be exciting’ when we got the experienced players back ie Shields, Mills and Burrow. They haven’t made any difference to the results.
I agree Culverhouse appears to be a rabbit in the headlights, with no idea what to do.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2023, 05:27:43 PM »
I see Ryan Qualter was mom for Scarborough last night.....

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2023, 07:43:19 PM »
The references to a lack of desire is the most concerning as you can have all the skill to win the league but without the desire you’ll get turned over and end up where we are. This starts with the manager’s recruitment and leadership and ends with the pride of the individual player. All sadly lacking last night

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2023, 07:53:57 PM »
It's a lack of leaders on the park. Shiels is a great bloke but does he drive the team on the pitch. All season I can't remember any of the players digging each other out. It's all getting a bit late now unless we can find a monster of a centre half who can make a difference. 

Timshorts

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2023, 10:28:07 PM »
How many go down, I thought it was 3 but BBC have a line drawn indicating that 4 go down?

Well it should be 4, but maybe less based on the number of reprieves available.

And in reply to a post above, the southern league central would be great, but we get no say about the league that we go into. The leagues committee decide that based on geography - but seemingly on the basis that they don't really understand the uk road network.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 09:38:03 PM »
I have just watched the 16 minute clip on the KTFC You Tube channel. Jaw dropping. Totally in control first half, they never had a sniff at goal. On the hour mark, all change. The entire team had he physicality of teenage schoolgirls. What the hell did IC say at half-time?
If there is a repeat tomorrow we will get stuffed. The players have got us into this mess, now they have to get us out. Billy Heath is licking his lips. I would pick Jake Wright to start. How on earth he missed that open goal from 2 yards out is beyondf me though.
The worst thing about Tuesday was I agree with IC. The starting 11 was the most experienced line-up on the club's roster. Sadly lacking in the last 30 minutes.

UTP