Author Topic: Kettering  (Read 4691 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Kettering
« on: January 31, 2023, 09:50:23 PM »
Listened on the radio. What a second half shambles. I think we will go down

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 09:56:27 PM »
This sounds like a shambles. We need action very quickly to sort this out. 2 up at half time, good chances missed how can the side lose a game like that. Honest views from those that went will be very interesting. I have to be honest and I'm unable to go and see Utd at the moment but we never have a settled side, I'm fearing the worst now, how can this be happening!!!!

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 10:00:23 PM »
I'm probably the only one but I feel like going down would be better for us than scraping to stay up. We need a complete reshuffle and rebuild.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 10:01:00 PM »
Equal worst defence in the league, teams just above have games in hand

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 10:04:45 PM »
We have now won ONE of our last ELEVEN games.
We are definately going down unless something changes dramatically very soon {ie change of management}.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 10:08:42 PM »
Dreadful defence so we bring in one new defender and about five new strikers?.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 10:48:37 PM »
It was very painful. We seemed to just sit back after half time and our goal was under siege from a poor side! It was hard to take. No plan and no idea..

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 12:08:06 AM »
Agree with UC. A wasted trip. Of course the defeat mattered; but the manner of the panicky capitulation in the second half and the deserved gloating of the KTFC fans were really hard to take... someone next to me said 'tonight we've just seen Boston relegated" and TBPH I think he's right. This is now a largely Culverhouse created squad and they are just not up to it. Whitby is a lovely place to visit: good ale, good fish and chips.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 06:51:37 AM »
If relegated we need to apply to go into the Southern Central league. Draw on players from a different area and a lot less travelling

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 09:07:58 AM »
How many go down, I thought it was 3 but BBC have a line drawn indicating that 4 go down?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 09:19:44 AM »
Four down this season, AGM Cup may affect that of course.

We're in a lot of trouble.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2023, 11:14:32 AM »
Very honest interview from Luke Shiels, who I like as a player and our captain. Very concerning to hear him talk about a lack of desire in the team though, especially when you do everything you can to get there last night. The club and supporters deserve better. Saturday will show who doesn’t care and hopefully we can get rid. We need to be in the trenches now with real team players..

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2023, 11:25:25 AM »
Just listened to the interviews.....Culverhouse looks like a beaten man.......Luke Shiels was angry......I wish we had a team of Luke Shiels clones, he is totally committed.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2023, 01:35:24 PM »
Very honest interview from Luke Shiels, who I like as a player and our captain. Very concerning to hear him talk about a lack of desire in the team though, especially when you do everything you can to get there last night. The club and supporters deserve better. Saturday will show who doesn’t care and hopefully we can get rid. We need to be in the trenches now with real team players..

Unfortunately most of today's footballers are little more than mercenaries. A different club nearly every year with no real loyalty to any club, or, for that matter, any loyalty shown by clubs to them. We'll not see the likes of Chris Cook playing for Boston again.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 01:36:22 PM »
Play off final to staring relegation squarely in the face how the hell has that happened? No good harping on about past managers it is the present and future we need to concentrate on however, as has been said the current manager looked and sounded like a beaten man in the interview following last night. It has already been stated that we were cruising it for the first 55 minutes and even when they scored I was not over concerned but why take off Jake Wright following that goal? He was having his best game for a long time and was occupying two or three defenders everytime the ball came his way, off he goes freeing up his markers to charge forward, and then to bring on players who are Sunday league class with more go in a butchers dog defied logic. For a club that is raking in what I would roughly estimate pushing 2 million pounds per season with a magnificent stadium and unbelievable support it is becoming a disgrace on the field. I specify on the field as everything else is in place for great success thanks to the Chairman who I am sure is as disappointed as everyone else. Will be at Alfreton on Saturday along with other brilliant fans of the club who all deserve so much better.  UTP