Author Topic: How Poor Can Day Get.  (Read 5465 times)

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
Re: How Poor Can Day Get.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 11:10:51 AM »
Three charged to appear in court on public order offences. 2 from Boston, one from Spalding.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 12:14:23 PM »
Three blokes in their 30's... pathetic!!!!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 12:43:36 PM »
And not all of them the "randoms" who show up only for the big games - indeed one of them is a regular on Twitter!

David Newton's pretty merciless with supporters who cross the line so sadly for these guys, I wouldn't be expecting them to step foot in the JCS for a looooong while - and that's even before the banning orders they may well get from the police. And all for the sake of a pointless dust up.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2023, 01:17:50 PM »
A video has emerged on YouTube of most of the fighting.

https://youtu.be/kEcA_4wrOQ8

I watched it along with the CCTV video that shows the Boston lot jumping over the barrier into the KL section.
The YouTube video shows what I believe to be a King's Lynn hooligan fan on the edge of the pitch and jump over the barrier into the KL section and head for what I think is a Boston (fan??) and hit him in his head, with such force he fell over. He then walked further into the KL section.

He should also face a public order offence.

Furthermore why were no police inside the stadium during the match?
Is it because they have to be paid as soon as they set foot inside the stadium.

Why were King's Lynn fans allowed in the Away End Section B of the  Main Stand?

Duty of Care by Kings Lynn FC was non existent.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 01:41:52 PM by Artemis »

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2023, 02:21:20 PM »
There were police in the stadium. They stood on the stair to the stand with cameras trained on the Boston and Lynn fans. Others in the ground too.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2023, 03:20:45 PM »
There were police in the stadium. They stood on the stair to the stand with cameras trained on the Boston and Lynn fans. Others in the ground too.

Were there any stood between the KL and BUFC supporters?
If not - why not?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2023, 03:55:52 PM »
The video is pretty damning of both sets of supporters, and the stewards too. One is ambling about with his hands in his pockets! Absolutely clueless.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2023, 10:46:03 PM »
Having seen the names published in the local press, all I can say is that we have witnessed grown men acting like prize idiots and they are not Boston supporters any more in my eyes. They deserve all that is thrown at them now! Should be banned from ALL local football grounds and if they are parents of kids that play, ban them from those games too. That'd teach them.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 09:35:48 AM »
The video is pretty damning of both sets of supporters, and the stewards too. One is ambling about with his hands in his pockets! Absolutely clueless.

Yes some of the poorest stewarding imaginable. In the second half there was a steward in stand behind the goal who looked like paid security steward stood smoking - in a no smoking ground whilst working, how unprofessional can you get. Stewards at the half way line didn't look to be helping the situation at all.

Not good at all from both sides fans that were causing the agro. This type of fixture is one that attracts those up for this though and I'd like to think this wouldn't have happened at JCS or most decent grounds that are prepared and KLFC should accept some responsibility for poor stewarding and poor segregation.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:51:21 AM by Lee Newell »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2023, 10:16:13 AM »
I don't think it would have happened at the JCS (and indeed it didn't) not because the same wrong 'uns aren't present for both clubs, but the conditions that encourage violence simply don't exist.

- We have a security team big on pre-emptive action; if they spot a situation unfolding on CCTV, they intervene quickly
- Segregation is vastly better, the fans are more spaced out and you'd have to vault a load of sheeting to get anywhere. Not going to happen.
- Stewarding is better (although not perfect, they were terrible at preventing Spennymoor fans getting on the pitch last season)
- Our more vocal fans and 'ultra' types are located on the Town End, a long way from the away fans. Not to generalise too much, but there are lot of old boys and regulars on the East Stand who simply don't care about away fans giving it the big 'un.

fenlander

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2023, 06:12:10 PM »

Yes some of the poorest stewarding imaginable. In the second half there was a steward in stand behind the goal who looked like paid security steward stood smoking - in a no smoking ground whilst working, how unprofessional can you get. Stewards at the half way line didn't look to be helping the situation at all.

Not good at all from both sides fans that were causing the agro. This type of fixture is one that attracts those up for this though and I'd like to think this wouldn't have happened at JCS or most decent grounds that are prepared and KLFC should accept some responsibility for poor stewarding and poor segregation.

Lee, whilst the security guy smoking is not good, it's not a non smoking stadium. Only the covered stands are non-smoking. I know there are signs in the ground and on the website still saying otherwise, but they are to be removed.

fenlander

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2023, 06:14:42 PM »
I don't think it would have happened at the JCS (and indeed it didn't) not because the same wrong 'uns aren't present for both clubs, but the conditions that encourage violence simply don't exist.

- We have a security team big on pre-emptive action; if they spot a situation unfolding on CCTV, they intervene quickly
- Segregation is vastly better, the fans are more spaced out and you'd have to vault a load of sheeting to get anywhere. Not going to happen.
- Stewarding is better (although not perfect, they were terrible at preventing Spennymoor fans getting on the pitch last season)
- Our more vocal fans and 'ultra' types are located on the Town End, a long way from the away fans. Not to generalise too much, but there are lot of old boys and regulars on the East Stand who simply don't care about away fans giving it the big 'un.

I guess the away fans also stayed put to be fair. I felt really sorry for the genuine fans on Sunday, and expect fans from both sides to be given the new lengthy bans that are now available to discourage this very thing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 06:18:01 PM by fenlander »