Author Topic: How Poor Can Day Get.  (Read 5458 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
How Poor Can Day Get.
« on: January 01, 2023, 07:44:31 PM »
How poor can a day get? We are definately in a terible position and in great danger of relegation if something doesn't happen and quickly, I accept that I appear to be stating the obvious yet again but some in that squad are not worthy of the shirt. The only glimmer of hope was the new lad up front Mitford who scored a very good goal albeit to late to make a diference, looks as though he could be a crowd pleaser or could be with a decent team around him.
Was bitterly disappointed with the so called fans who went for the beer (which they couldn't handle) and a fight, and getting arrested and locked up. Very poor form when the club had restored its good name. 

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: How Poor Can Day Get.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 08:45:55 PM »

Was bitterly disappointed with the so called fans who went for the beer (which they couldn't handle) and a fight, and getting arrested and locked up. Very poor form when the club had restored its good name. 

I cannot understand the mindset of those too. Some of the abuse towards our Chairman that has been bandied around the last few weeks is just a poor show from fans.
Sure....I get the massive disappointment in the direction the team are heading at the moment. But to aim frustrated abuse at the chairman, the man who save us from extinction...........come on!

Let's remember that this is the same chairman that has constantly listened to the fans. He got rid of Greene when the fans demanded it. Murray was a name that many wanted as a replacement, and he got him on board. Then the fans soon had enough so again our chairman listened and brought in Elliott. Once things didn't work out with the former, another replacement name was talked about among fans. This was Cox, and once again our chairman listened. Cox was another flop, and in comes Bazza & Culverhouse. Names that many fans had interest in.
So frankly, what has our chairman done wrong when he is trying to put the thoughts of the fans first?

On a final note, I hope that these so called fans that were arrested are banned for several years from the club. They have obviously watched the film green street too many times and see themselves as big time hooligans. In reality, they come across more as Kevin & Perry.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 08:58:40 PM »
Well said!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 09:06:47 PM »
To anyone who has a go at our Chairman - go off and support another team, you're not needed...to anyone guilty of  causing trouble today, I hope a lifetime ban follows, you're not wanted!

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 09:19:58 PM »
A group of Lynn fans  were giving it Billy Big Potatoes to the Boston fans.  Just silly kids really.  A few Boston obviously feeling frustrated by what they were witnessing on field and having a load of Dutch courage took it upon themselves to sort things out.  Idiots.  Should not be anywhere near a Football ground.  I thought those days were long behind us.

As for the match and the Boston team under Cully I do now wonder where we go from here.  What is it now 7 defeats from the last 8 games ?   I fully expected Culverhouse to improve what we had and bring in quality to improve things.   I can’t really see any sign of either.  Let’s hope the Manager has enough about him to get us clear of relegation then push the reset button in the summer and see how far he can take us in the opening 3 months of next season.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 09:51:46 PM »
I'll get shot down for saying this but those causing trouble today as very much not regulars following us away. The typical away crowd cause no trouble at all.

On the pitch it was awful. First-half incredibly bad. Lots of talk of Cully getting his own men in, a majority of the team are his now, are any of them actually any good? Second-half maybe marginally better but even against ten we never had a shot on target until virtually the last kick of the game. We need a goalscorer but then until very recently we had the league's top goalscorer in our starting XI! New lad did look good and hopefully he becomes a good player for us having been what looks like a bit of a NLN journeyman.

On another point and it's not massively relevant immediately; it does look like Cully is signing players based more around his area. The young loan lads seem to be from our usual haunts (Hull & Sheff Utd) but permanent signings seem to be more southern based so looking ahead to next season (if we're still at this level!) I don't think we'll be training in Donny too much longer.

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2023, 10:12:45 PM »
Before people criticise the Chairman, they should consider what supporters of other Clubs have to endure with theirs!
David Newton is held in high esteem by many supporters of other non league Clubs, and rightly so!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 10:50:16 PM »
Not withstanding everything else, King's Lynn are a good side, full time and don't let you play. This doesn't get mentioned too much. I don't think their model is sustainable but at the moment they have a lot of quality for this league.

Big game Saturday. One we need to win.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 09:16:15 AM »
Good point about Newton. I think one of his faults on the football side is listening to fans too much! A certain section hounded Elliott out - they got what they wanted and here we are! And if you ask me, would things have been any better under Cully had he been appointed instead of Cox a year ago? The current shambles shows it highly unlikely it would've been - the recruitment has been a predictable mish-mash of month-long loans that we all know aren't very good, and the football itself isn't brilliant either - and that was supposedly his big selling point.

I wasn't impressed with Cox. I also had my doubts about Cully due to the alarming way Lynn dropped off, only to be saved by PPG. I reckon we stood a chance of reeling them in, along with York - (but then again, the Gateshead defeat might have derailed hat!). Which is why I always though it best to stick with Elliott and make the change in the summer if things didn't work out, although I understand Newton's thinking in wanting to give his new boss a full summer to aid recruitment. Well, for that you need good scouting... do we even have scouts now?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 09:21:14 AM »
I'll get shot down for saying this but those causing trouble today as very much not regulars following us away. The typical away crowd cause no trouble at all.

No, the typical regulars are mostly the BUSA bus lot and regular exiles and 99.999999% of the time have no interest in bother, although you sometimes see the odd isolated incident (eg the issue one had with that Guiseley steward!).

The big games attract the Drinking On Trains lot with no real affinity to the club. You know who they are because you don't recognise them! And while I'm not suggesting for a second new fans aren't welcome, there will always be some newbies who just come for the big games and stand there barely watching the game just to have it out with the home fans. It's a fact of life and, even with arrests and banning orders, will never change. It'll happen again the next time we have a big game, and the time after that, and the time after that...

Remember the "Boston and bugle" flag some lads got made for the Rochdale games? Anyone seen them or it since? Nope...

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »
I have had a day to think about the game.  I don't think Kings Lynn were better than us, but I think we were worse than them.  What I mean is, Kings Lynn will struggle to get out this league, with what I have seen over the two matches.

I think Wright is struggling up front.  He looked slow and predictable.  MClintock seems to have gone off the boil.  Platt needs another enforcer along side him in midfield. I think Lewis is way out of his comfort zone. I also thought Long could have done better with both soft goals.

I am a little more optimistic, I think we will stay up ( just ).  We need a couple of results go our way, and a couple of solid signings ( not loanees ).

We arrived early yesterday to try to get a good viewing spot.  Nearly impossible I know at their sub standard ground. Our view was obstructed by a big pole and two idiots stood on the barriers.  They had their back to the game and spent the match goading the Kings Lynn fans. Well done, you have tarnished the good name DN has worked to restore over the last years.  I believe a rogue element went to the match intent on causing trouble.  I did not recognise any of them.  Also they smashed up the toilets.  The club could get a hefty fine, or worse, a points deduction.

Overall a bad day at the office.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2023, 09:55:59 PM »

No, the typical regulars are mostly the BUSA bus lot and regular exiles and 99.999999% of the time have no interest in bother, although you sometimes see the odd isolated incident (eg the issue one had with that Guiseley steward!).

The big games attract the Drinking On Trains lot with no real affinity to the club. You know who they are because you don't recognise them! And while I'm not suggesting for a second new fans aren't welcome, there will always be some newbies who just come for the big games and stand there barely watching the game just to have it out with the home fans. It's a fact of life and, even with arrests and banning orders, will never change. It'll happen again the next time we have a big game, and the time after that, and the time after that...

Remember the "Boston and bugle" flag some lads got made for the Rochdale games? Anyone seen them or it since? Nope...

Yep, agreed. The next big game they'll be there but you won't catch them at Southport or Chorley over the next couple of weeks!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 08:43:39 AM »
I have had a day to think about the game.  I don't think Kings Lynn were better than us, but I think we were worse than them.  What I mean is, Kings Lynn will struggle to get out this league, with what I have seen over the two matches.

I think Wright is struggling up front.  He looked slow and predictable.  MClintock seems to have gone off the boil.  Platt needs another enforcer along side him in midfield. I think Lewis is way out of his comfort zone. I also thought Long could have done better with both soft goals.

I am a little more optimistic, I think we will stay up ( just ).  We need a couple of results go our way, and a couple of solid signings ( not loanees ).

We arrived early yesterday to try to get a good viewing spot.  Nearly impossible I know at their sub standard ground. Our view was obstructed by a big pole and two idiots stood on the barriers.  They had their back to the game and spent the match goading the Kings Lynn fans. Well done, you have tarnished the good name DN has worked to restore over the last years.  I believe a rogue element went to the match intent on causing trouble.  I did not recognise any of them.  Also they smashed up the toilets.  The club could get a hefty fine, or worse, a points deduction.

Overall a bad day at the office.

I noticed in the photos posted yesterday of the game there were two lads with their backs to the game leading Boston fans in chants - are these the same two who goaded the Lynn fans?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 10:38:40 AM »
They were leading the chants.  Many of which were aimed at the Kings Lynn fans. But when the trouble kicked off they were nowhere to be seen.  Someone said they were getting burgers.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late