Author Topic: Kidderminster  (Read 2186 times)

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Kidderminster
« on: November 09, 2022, 08:12:28 AM »
Another determined and committed performance, very similar to the performance against Alfreton. Always enjoy watching this fixture and the Kidderminster manager is good value. Our defence needed to be resolute and they certainly were. Jake was very isolated up front at times and every game feels like a cup final to get any sort of result. It would be good to get a couple more signings and get some control in midfield. We are definitely moving in the right direction though and the younger players are excelling…

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:28:03 AM »
Yeah, the Peterborough Sports game demonstrated that lack of a quality cutting edge especially up front - we can't rely on Scott Pollock forever, and Jordon Crawford might run around like a man possessed but alas he's not Ricky Miller. He needs help.

Still - the positives are the defending is now happening from the front to the back, Mbeka has played a big part in that, and we're not being played through as much in midfield. Something to build on.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 09:16:05 AM »
Agree with the comments. Mbeka has become an essential component if the team, and I was pleased to see Solanke play well. His ball through for the winner was class, and he nearly brought off the same a few minutes later. I feel we're going the right way.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 11:45:50 AM »
I am trying not to get too carried away.  Three points on Saturday is a must against relegation placed Blyth.  Exciting game last night, I agree with all the above comments. We cannot fault the work rate of this team.  If the players we had last season showed the same commitment we would be out this league.  But credit where credit is due, these players are starting to click.  No big name Charlies in this team, very good to see.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 02:11:44 PM »
Yes, and while it may seem bizarre to worry about getting "carried away" when we're 19th, we've had a good look at most of the runners and riders now and no-one seems that impressive. Even King's Lynn had had a mini blip. It won't take much of a run to get us right back up there.

Thing is, we cannot afford any more stupid four game losing streaks and daft "4-0 down after half an hour" disasters.

Saturday is a huge game. They all are now.