Author Topic: Brackley  (Read 2615 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Brackley
« on: October 25, 2022, 09:52:39 PM »
I didn't go tonight for the simple reason I refuse to waste £50 watching a team who are absolutly useless. Listened to commentary and even Craig was totally peed off and "Lost for words". There must have been a reason to replace a centre forward with a full back when we are one nil down against ten men perhaps the manager will explain later. Total respect for the fans who travelled tonight you deserved much better.  UTP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 10:02:01 PM »
Jake Wright was replaced by Myles for the simple reason Wright had taken a battering all game and there were literally no attacking options off the bench, so they changed the shape instead. So not quite as weird as it looked, but still betrays the lack of options we currently have.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »
2 games in a row no attacking players on the bench. Does anyone know how Jordan Burrow is doing and if he will be fit soon? Feels like we are really missing Burrow and Sheils at the moment lacking presence and an experienced leader at both ends of the pitch.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 02:05:53 PM »
I think it's going to take more than Burrow returning to fitness to solve our problems!

I don't doubt the management team are working hard at the moment to bring in the right faces but attempting a mid-season repair job on this scale exceeds even that Elliott had to do when he took over Murray.

What's more astonishing is how we've recruited two POTY from other clubs along with highly rated talent like Jordon Crawford and Scott Pollock and created one of the worst Boston United sides in recent memory, probably as useless as Greene's last effort. That takes some doing.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 02:24:39 PM »
I think the interesting question to ask is how on earth did it happen??

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 03:15:41 PM »
Well it's easy to say with hindsight the recruitment was dross, and I've seen a fair few know-alls claim they knew it was crap, although they weren't complaining at the time the signings were announced. All I would say is the signings of Zak Mills and Joe Leesley started ringing alarm bells with me as they didn't really make sense, and while people lauded the capture of Scott Pollock with cries of "Byrne who?" that didn't make much sense either as they are such vastly different players. We needed to replace Shane and we simply didn't. That was a massive oversight and one we're paying badly for.

That being said I thought the players would be a LOT better freed from the shackles of Cox ball and they absolutely haven't been. The defending in particular has been vile.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 04:48:47 PM »
Sometimes, you can assemble a team of highly talented individuals (in any field of life/work) but somehow they do not feed of each others' strengths or indeed compensate for each others' weaknesses. Too many people including me have looked at the likes of Brown, Crawford, Wright, Leesley etc and said "here's a bunch of superb individual players". All too true but together it has been a disaster. I do actually trust IC to know this, see this and put it right......in time for next season. I have largely written this one off. But by February 2022 I had also written off last season so what do I know really? The random rambliongs of a very depressed true supporter and by no means the only one on this Forum I know. :-\

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 08:33:13 PM »
Understand and agree but we’ve had at least 4 players leave that were way way above the standard we have left (Shiels and Platt aside). It’s like we’re starting from scratch…

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 11:13:02 PM »
We created chances last 15-20 last night but didn't take them. We're knocking the ball around a lot more now but with no real bite. No team should be worried playing us. The squad is very depleted especially in forward areas. I have no issue with the Wright Myles sub, we changed shape and created chances after that. Wright was knackered/battered too.

Solanke was poor for me. I know he's come back from a loan but he looked lethargic and gave the ball away so much. He's not up to NLN standard based on that cameo. I suspect he'll be off when we get some other bodies in. Like many have said though most good players are already at clubs currently and won't fancy signing for a side down the bottom unless it's big money. I don't think we want those kind of characters and don't pay the big money anyway (I don't think). Be very interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks but it's not looking good currently!