« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 05:21:58 PM »
Honeymoon over, what’s gone wrong?

We still have the same frailties

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 05:27:03 PM »
We should have known it wasn't going to be easy. It's a poor team, its not like one new face is going to make a huge difference.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 05:37:15 PM »
Players leaving but not replaced, bench is woefully under par.
Wright is all on his own and has to play as our only real striker.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 05:52:15 PM »
Honeymoon was 3 wins against teams who are below us (at present) but with same issues. Getting players out but fewer coming in is concerning.

We’re in a scrap to stay up this season, make no mistake

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 06:06:53 PM »
5 training sessions made no difference then

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 06:26:12 PM »
Club 85 and tea and cake is selling well though, who gives a toss about the football.😂

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 08:27:09 PM »
Cox assembled possibly one of the worst squads I've seen. Crawford, Ferguson and Pollock are probably the only players I'd keep, everyone else no thank you.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 08:57:45 PM »
Agree with that view but would also keep Tom Platt, Sam McLintock along with Luke Shiels and Sam Long…however we need more up front and some class in midfield and wide to get the ball there! Also slightly concerned we were often out muscled..

fenite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 09:01:12 PM »
Thought it was a very poor performance. Seems to me some players seem to want to blame others when things go wrong. For me there’s some poor quality players , shot shy another problem.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 09:06:14 PM »
The cheif scouit was quietly shown the exit door this wek. Why? Because we now have a very average squad. I don't think relegation is on the cards, but promotion is NOT going to happen. Without admitting it publicly, Culverhose will spend the rest of this season completely replacing the squad. When he first came I thouight he sounded like a politician when he said it was a" privilege "to work with this set of players.  My arse.

UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 09:37:26 PM »
Fair play to Curzon best team won.  But entertainment level limited. Jake up top needs to stop diving and cheating it’s now embarrassing but he does need service. Sadly some around me are giving up as they were literally bored. Hardly any goalmouth action few shots really nothing to get the crowd going at all.  I’m sure changes will come as they need to

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 10:45:02 PM »
Lacklustre, lacking in ideas, lacking in leadership, lacking in depth…yet the last 5 games have us 6th in the form guide with 9 points from 15….

I’m still very much on the fence with this squad, but the performances aren’t much to get excited about.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2022, 10:31:14 AM »
Feel for the manager having to say things he doesn't really feel about the squad so they don't just give in all together. This squad was put together by Cox and are clearly in general below par so it is going to take time to get in the right players to raise the standard to at least an acceptable level. Did Cox spend the whole budget on this lot? if he did then the chairman needs to somehow raise the funds to get the replacements in whether that be delaying the stadium completion (lets face it if we keep performing like this it will not be needed) or investing private money. I like many others mentioned by Fishtoft Crew am not enjoying what I am watching and can only see the support dwindling rapidly if it continues.  UTP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2022, 09:19:11 AM »
The cheif scouit was quietly shown the exit door this wek. Why? Because we now have a very average squad. I don't think relegation is on the cards, but promotion is NOT going to happen. Without admitting it publicly, Culverhose will spend the rest of this season completely replacing the squad. When he first came I thouight he sounded like a politician when he said it was a" privilege "to work with this set of players.  My arse.

UTP

He wasn't "shown the exit door". He got an even better offer more local to him, so he left us.