Author Topic: New Signings???  (Read 56229 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: New Signings???
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 09:16:13 AM »
I find it funny that a thread discussing possible new signings is now concentrating on our released players ??? I wonder why?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »
Three or more signings this week ;)

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
Flying out of the fire into the frying pan tomorrow .......
.......heading to York Street, money to launder and no players to sponsor   :o

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:08 PM »
Kirk from Stamford winger!! unsure with another player coming from a lower level hopefully it will pay off for us tho.

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 08:30:03 AM »
Kirk from Stamford winger!! unsure with another player coming from a lower level hopefully it will pay off for us tho.

Kirk, is a really really tricky and lively winger, who will skin many a full back, he's really superb going forward. Showed great loayalty to Stamford over the last couple of seasons and will excite the crowds thats for sure

But...he most certainly is not a grafter,and when it comes to tackling ,Gary Lineker looks like Chopper Harris in comparison. If we are doing well and offensively pushing forward he will be a great signing, defensively though, he is a bit of a luxury

Exciting signing though. I do like the managers comments about him though, especially, like with Jamie Clarke the chances are, being based in Rotherham they might not have actually seen the lad play

The lad they should be signing from Stamford though is their young 18/19 year old centre half Pearson, now he is quality

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2009, 08:40:01 AM »
That actually raises another point, is it just me, or is it slightly concerning that quite a few confirmed signings and rumours of future signings are predominantly coming from lower divisions? :-\

Thats not to say they wont be good, remember how we were quite critical when Miller arrived from Spalding, but why are we not being linked with more proven players from the Unibond or BGB prem?

Just a thought but has the fact that training is going to be held locally instead of the muted plans to do so in Yorks, which is a 100% correct decision, put off many of our managers intended signings from joining?

No-one knows why for sure, I certainly dont, but am still disapointed that neither Miller and now Ellie who surely would have been skipper will not be donning a shirt next season. How can Retford convince him to join them, it suggests, and I do say suggests, his wage demands could not have been as high as originally thought otherwise one assumes Retford couldn't have afforded him

Seenbetter

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »
Just looked at squad info. 8 players and possibly 2 more to come, soon have a team. Notice that they are all British so far, so we could call them the Brit Chicks and hopefully I won't have to switch off when they come out to play. We're getting there. Must not expect too much at the beginning though to avoid disappointment. Would rather let my expectations grow as the team develops into a formidable force able to take on the likes of Ossett Town. Incidentally, talking of Ossett Town, went to our game there and had a good day out. Short trip up the M1, found a good pub for both food and drink, and more of us than them. Must take my dog next time cos its the only ground I've been to where you can walk your dog. Recommend it but the pitch was crap.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »
That actually raises another point, is it just me, or is it slightly concerning that quite a few confirmed signings and rumours of future signings are predominantly coming from lower divisions? :-\

Thats not to say they wont be good, remember how we were quite critical when Miller arrived from Spalding, but why are we not being linked with more proven players from the Unibond or BGB prem?

Just a thought but has the fact that training is going to be held locally instead of the muted plans to do so in Yorks, which is a 100% correct decision, put off many of our managers intended signings from joining?

No-one knows why for sure, I certainly dont, but am still disapointed that neither Miller and now Ellie who surely would have been skipper will not be donning a shirt next season. How can Retford convince him to join them, it suggests, and I do say suggests, his wage demands could not have been as high as originally thought otherwise one assumes Retford couldn't have afforded him

His wage demands at Boston were not an issue.

IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
So if Ellie would have liked to join Boston and the wage was not an issue then it is only left that he was not considered good enough. Be interesting to see who HnS think is good enough. I am not criticising, just curious.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »
So if Ellie would have liked to join Boston and the wage was not an issue then it is only left that he was not considered good enough. Be interesting to see who HnS think is good enough. I am not criticising, just curious.

Exactly what i was thinking especially after the 100% that he put in which along with Rick saved us from relegation!!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »
(After Wood signing) still about 7 players short of a squad..
  1 x experienced goalie
      2 x brickhouse defenders
        2 x midfielders
           2 x strikers..
             1 x left-back ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2009, 03:46:06 PM »
From the way Ilkeston played last season it must be assumed S&H are looking to get a more cultured stopper i.e. one who can pass a ball.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »
Need to be signing players up so that they can gel before the season starts or we cud be on the back foot from the start!!

Seenbetter

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 04:15:45 PM »
Things coming together nicely. Me and Cranwellpilgrim relieved we won't be needed to stand uselessly on the wings.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
was an article about signing chirs wood about 5 mins ago

i told my mate and he went on and it aint their now  ???  :D