Author Topic: Litchfield City FC  (Read 3448 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Litchfield City FC
« on: September 15, 2022, 02:32:54 PM »
Any good pubs near the ground?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Litchfield City FC
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 02:45:14 PM »
Minor correction: it's Lichfield, not Litchfield - just for anyone Googling for pubs on Google Maps!

Only one I can find close by is the Doctor Johnson?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 08:47:59 PM »
The ground is sort of on a road on the edge of town  a bit like us.
Plenty of pubs in lichfield. Only ever been to lichfield twice though, once to tick the ground off.
The bitter suite. Next to lichfield city station is meant to be good for ales
Horde and hockey
Kings head
Duke of York all look decent
Acorn inn is a wetherspoons

All apart from the doctor Johnson are in the city centre, all good walk from the ground

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 09:56:43 PM »
The Bitter Suite for me, I think. A couple of others in the GBG seem good too.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 07:15:47 PM »
In more important matters than the pubs...
WELL DONE ON A 0 4 WIN .
:)  :)   ;)  ;)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 07:28:40 PM »
I don't think pubs should be dismissed so easily (!), but it was a good day all round. Another confident performance which kept up the good work from Tuesday, two excellent micropubs, trains almost on time and lovely weather. If only all Saturdays were like that!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 10:44:30 PM »
I don't think pubs should be dismissed so easily (!), but it was a good day all round. Another confident performance which kept up the good work from Tuesday, two excellent micropubs, trains almost on time and lovely weather. If only all Saturdays were like that!
[/quote

:)    😀 

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 12:26:03 PM »
Went to see Utd "in the flesh" for the first time in a while, and I'm glad I made the effort. All the players put a full shift in. Several contenders for MOM but I'd just about give it to Crawford. He really is a grafter.
Lichfield ran around like ferrets on speed in the first half and we had to compete. I know Wright has his critics, but I rate him. He is always annoying someone, and I think in a striker, that's a good thing. He's good in the air and I think he's muscled up a bit. Leesley lets people know if he isn't happy.
Plenty of vocal support yesterday and I know Lichfield were chuffed with the attendance.
On the topic of pubs, I had a couple of pints[Joules Pale Ale] in the Duke of York before the game. Excellent beer and friendly staff.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 04:50:12 PM »
It's useful to know that the Duke of York is good too. Have suggested to the Rutland CAMRA Branch social secretary that Lichfield could be a place for one of his jollies.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 08:26:50 AM »
Had a good afternoon out - ticked off a new ground and an excellent performance.

Highlights here: https://youtu.be/LkrHpH52Hho

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
I think it was fair to say a good time was had by all from a Pilgrim perspective.  It was nice to see Fergie and Brown able to push forward and get crosses in for goal creation. We passed forward with purpose , Leesley  pulling the strings and gradually wore Lichfield down who gave a good account of themselves early doors. . Thesee players can play possession football if instructed to, and gradually they wore the young homeside  down  Credit to Lichfield for laying on free parking at the co op hq near the ground and the outdoor can bar at ht was a great idea that saved queueing for refreshments on the clubhouse. 4:0 win , easy journey home if only all FA cup away days could be this way😎