Author Topic: David Newton wants to relocate Pilgrims ASAP  (Read 26727 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: David Newton wants to relocate Pilgrims ASAP
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
I think we shold stop dreaming and leave it to Chestnuts who will find the best option better than us.

Agree

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 11:57:54 PM »
I think we shold stop dreaming and leave it to Chestnuts who will find the best option better than us.

And for the rest of us who dont want to leave it to the Chestnuts we can have our say to the relevant authorities, relocation aint that simple. Wait and see ;)

The Rebel Alliance is still out there, maybe not as vocal but just as effective :o

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 12:10:16 AM »

And for the rest of us who dont want to leave it to the Chestnuts we can have our say to the relevant authorities, relocation aint that simple. Wait and see ;)

The Rebel Alliance is still out there, maybe not as vocal but just as effective :o

Show the money then, My message to them rebels would be put up or shut up.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 05:56:32 AM »
Maybe we shouldn't just leave it to the Chestnuts - get the fans involved as I thought the idea was to hand over the club to the Trust at some stage. If this is still the case it has to be a viable option for the Trust to take on and they ought to be involved from day one - or has the plan changed?

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 06:34:15 AM »
Is the Trust capable of anything at the moment?

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 08:58:01 AM »
It's not anti-relocation or anti Chesnuts but the foundations have to be right, lets not regret a hasty asap move when we have time left in our current home.

Stadia relocations take time, Des and Jon attempted and failed! To push the Chestnuts every step of the way will result in a better stadium and set up for Boston United.

A full public consultation should be for starters, a transparent business plan and the planning decision should be referred to a national level.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
The Chestnuts will know EXACTLY what they're doing
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »
Apparently, Delia has put £11m into Norwich. Does anyone know a friendly TV chef?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 12:11:01 PM »
Jon failed with his relocation attempt !  anyone know what business Jon made a succes with ? Don,t know what business you are in Gocompare but from your comments (public consultation , planning decision at NATIONAL level ) it does not fit in with the private sector .  Local planning dicisions are only dealt with at national level when the locals planners reject a plan and the party presenting the application appeal to the Ministry Inspector. Well run private firms like Chestnuts do not do "hasty moves" .

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:31 PM »
I am out of touch with the local development plan but it will come down to the proposed new location of the ground, I have no doubt objections may be - Noise pollution? Increased traffic on roads? Floodlight pollution? Detrimental impact on privacy and homes? Maybe a change of land use? Obtrusive impact on surrounding area? Worries of anti social behaviour?

It depends on how long the 'ASAP' is?

We will just have to wait and see!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
I am out of touch with the local development plan but it will come down to the proposed new location of the ground, I have no doubt objections may be - Noise pollution? Increased traffic on roads? Floodlight pollution? Detrimental impact on privacy and homes? Maybe a change of land use? Obtrusive impact on surrounding area? Worries of anti social behaviour?

It depends on how long the 'ASAP' is?

We will just have to wait and see!

All those issues would be pertinent if they were going to locate the stadia in a central location,(Lets say York st in the town centre of Boston) the new ground will probably be located out of town well away from resedential areas. As for the traffic problem can it get worse in Boston?

IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »
Or Cuckoo Land!

Out of town stadia requires a good transport network so maybe road widening, roundabouts, traffic lights would be needed? Also many people walk to York Street an out of town stadia would leave many people having to use cars, not good for the enviroment! Central government planning guidelines are not so keen to take away from town centers, currently York Street has educational, community and leisure facilities all this would be lost.

Relocation will take time, but no doubt the Chestnuts will get there in the end.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »
Or Cuckoo Land!

Out of town stadia requires a good transport network so maybe road widening, roundabouts, traffic lights would be needed? Also many people walk to York Street an out of town stadia would leave many people having to use cars, not good for the enviroment! Central government planning guidelines are not so keen to take away from town centers, currently York Street has educational, community and leisure facilities all this would be lost.

Relocation will take time, but no doubt the Chestnuts will get there in the end.

Tell me the last football stadium that was built specifly for a club, that was located in a town/city centre?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »
Your right Tash , not been one built in towns for years i don,t recall. regards objections to noise ,traffic impact, privacy, pollution etc, etc these are the normal run of the mill stuff. I bet if i submitted a plan for a brick sh*t- house in my back garden  someone would lodge the same objections , nothing new to planners dept.  Do some people realy think Chestnuts are unawhere of possible pit-falls.?  Leave it to the experts !

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
  Do some people realy think Chestnuts are unawhere of possible pit-falls.?  Leave it to the experts !

I think they are very aware that the biggest possible pit-fall is insufficient finance.
They'd have no problem with the planning department, they've been bashing out housing for long enough now.
David Newton says they have nothing concrete yet....  :-\