Author Topic: David Newton wants to relocate Pilgrims ASAP  (Read 26730 times)

cappo

• View Profile
Re: David Newton wants to relocate Pilgrims ASAP
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
its become obvious of late that york street hasnt and couldnt have the facilitys for us to progress financially in place so a new ground has to be custom built for us.there has been allsorts of figures that we as fans have speculated a new ground would cost to build and to be honest i havnt got a clue as what that amount would be.just thinking out loud though what would it cost to buy y/s out right for the club to own it and carry on where we are ???
"till saturday comes"

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »
its become obvious of late that york street hasnt and couldnt have the facilitys for us to progress financially in place so a new ground has to be custom built for us.there has been allsorts of figures that we as fans have speculated a new ground would cost to build and to be honest i havnt got a clue as what that amount would be.just thinking out loud though what would it cost to buy y/s out right for the club to own it and carry on where we are ???

York streets not going to be sold seperate to the glider, the last figure for the job lot was in the area of 6 mil with no room to develop, so it not a option im affraid to say.Even if you got it for 3 mil it would be costly to the club throu lost revenue on other facilities

les

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
What is needed is something like a greyhound track around the perimeter, possibly a moveable one that could operate within the pitch area and be moved out for football.
This would utilsise the stadium probably twice a week, without any wear and tear on the pitch itself, but mainly use the spectator facilities. This would operate 52 weeks a year generating revenue every week.

Bartmac

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
Why would there be a lost of revenue if the club bought Y/S and Glider as a job lot, take over the Bingo, move the Pilgrim Lounge into the Glider, turn the lounge into the club shop, and bring big name bands back to Boston, all profits ploughed back into the club -  simples ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 08:14:58 PM »
Why would there be a lost of revenue if the club bought Y/S and Glider as a job lot, take over the Bingo, move the Pilgrim Lounge into the Glider, turn the lounge into the club shop, and bring big name bands back to Boston, all profits ploughed back into the club -  simples ;D

The councel have a big say in the land once the lease is up,There looking at development so lets forget about the york street and get with the program.

Newton has expressed all he can the reason to move. To be cost effective we need to not only have a ground but surrending area for cummunity programs etc and training. Including youth teams and cummunity teams etc.

To reach our target grants as a guess we would need the right facilities. And withou buying esso and mataland and flatening them we havnt got where we are

Bob Lee

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
Les, a greyhound track cannot be moved.  I would love one in Boston but the do gooders would put a stop to that.  The last one we had was on the Tesco B&Q site, they tried again but locals objected due to increase in traffic, look how much there is now :o

The old Wembley had one so did Stanford bridge and West ham.  Years ago a track went around York Street, and one summer racing was held down Tatt road.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 11:19:58 PM »
Les, a greyhound track cannot be moved. 
I would have thought that with modern eipment and technology that problem was surmountable. We get drop in cricket pitches and roofed football pitches.
Not sure that it would necessarily be economic,but I am sure it is feasible.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »

York streets not going to be sold seperate to the glider, the last figure for the job lot was in the area of 6 mil with no room to develop, so it not a option im affraid to say.Even if you got it for 3 mil it would be costly to the club throu lost revenue on other facilities

If £6m is not an option, then £7m+ for a new ground is looking unlikely

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 11:32:41 PM »

Bingo is losing money
The last 'big night' out at the Glider was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
Not much profit  :-\

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »

Bingo is losing money
The last 'big night' out at the Glider was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
Not much profit  :-\
The reason the 6 is not a option is becouse it would have several mil put on top to tap into the full pottential

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 11:56:27 PM »
To be where we need to be financial wise we would need to accomadate The FITC.YOUTH.COE cummunity teams with good facilities and pitches instead of renting places,

The new site would have to house a club/shop training centres and to tap in to other sourses of income things like confrence centres to name one.

At york street we have a ground with 1 pitch. a club limited office room and tiny shop. Also lacking apeal to entice buisnesses to use as confrence centre(Comment is not ment as a disrespect to the club).

So 6 mil at york street would soon be added as (subject to planning) Somehow purchases of surrending land would be needed at a cost of a few mil. added to that the legel work/surveys And construction i think you can see that we wouldnt be talking just 6mil.

How ever with current prces and the chestnuts no how id guess a move with facilities needed could be done for 6 or 7 making it the only way forward

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 07:25:16 AM »
But if BUFC is loosing £250k p/a at present how are they going to fund a move to a new ground without outside investment? And if thats the case would the ground ever be the clubs? Grants won't be that substantial as we're outside the league, no doubt we'll get something off the football foundation but I can't see how a site can be bought and developed without outside help.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 01:43:29 PM »
But if BUFC is loosing £250k p/a at present how are they going to fund a move to a new ground without outside investment? And if thats the case would the ground ever be the clubs? Grants won't be that substantial as we're outside the league, no doubt we'll get something off the football foundation but I can't see how a site can be bought and developed without outside help.

Good point.

At a guess investment would have to be made but i think we would be verry supprised at the amount of founded the prodject could attract,
With prodjects such as the mentle health team, wich is seen as getting those that have suffered in the past into social edvents and acceptence into others way of live is open to good grants and ongoing funding,And large amount of funding is availible for   other areas.  other areas of help would come from donation of time and services wich seems to work well around here.Althou i agree investment would be neede at a guess it would be minimal one all avanues have been drained. As for if the ground would ever be ours i would susspect it could be , but lets face it if it cost half of what york stree cost a year we would be half way there

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »
A moveable dog racing track???

Even if this would actually generate any significant revenue, which, considering the pretty small crowds that the dogs attract even in a city the size of Nottingham, I sincerely doubt, I would imagine the fact that the stadium would cost £350 million to construct might put Dave off....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »
I think we shold stop dreaming and leave it to Chestnuts who will find the best option better than us.