Author Topic: David Newton wants to relocate Pilgrims ASAP  (Read 26738 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: David Newton wants to relocate Pilgrims ASAP
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
Agree Bostonshire. not affordable or practicable

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
I would have the same to say about boxes but the fact is many bsp clubs have them and sell them,So people do use boxes.

Nantwich ground may have been 4mil but lets not forget the chestnuts have The contacts and a big ability to cut this cost.

York street is a fantastic ground with a lot of history and is a ideal location for some. however staying on york street is not wise financialy or logical.

Due to the ground as it is and the fact there is no area around it, the club would be lucky to substain bsp at york street. And even if we owned the ground we wouldnt be in the possistion to substain any higher football.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
At least we have the owners who know what they are doing this time, and they will undoubtedly get good quality at a low price.

However if the Malkies werent charging a retartedly high rent then we wouldnt have to be rushed into all this so quickly.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 11:00:26 PM »
At least we have the owners who know what they are doing this time, and they will undoubtedly get good quality at a low price.

However if the Malkies werent charging a retartedly high rent then we wouldnt have to be rushed into all this so quickly.

Verry true about been rushed althou even without the high rent we would only have till the end of our lease

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »

I believe at the time the rent was set it was stated in either the Standard or Target that this wasn't the figure set by the Malkies but by an arbitrator who set the figure based on a market rent for all the facilities available at the ground

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »
It's not all about the first team, and the new ground will show that. We are progressing quickly towards being very much a community club with so many things going on at the football club other than the first team playing.

We have 6 Centre of Excellence sides, 10 Community Club sides currently represent BUCFC, including youth, adult and mental health sides, the Under 18's, College students, Girls United, BUFC Cheerleading group, the excellent Football in the Community Programe and full time staff, Onside School Learning, after school clubs, entertain matchday sponsors ......and The Pilgrim Lounge! So you can see it's not just about providing a stadium for the first team to play in, we have to think about all these elements which provide funding for running the football club as a whole.

Rob and Paul have done a great job so far and the Chairman backs them as much as possible, but we are still losing a lot of money each year, possibly £250,000 again this year, so you can see why all these fund raising community elements are very very important.

The future is exciting but without your support and genorosity there may not be a future!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
possibly £250,000

:o that 10K a home game and a 1000 more needed on the gate, that is frightening
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 12:16:51 AM »
We have 6 Centre of Excellence sides, 10 Community Club sides currently represent BUCFC, including youth, adult and mental health sides, the Under 18's, College students, Girls United, BUFC Cheerleading group, the excellent Football in the Community Programe and full time staff, Onside School Learning, after school clubs, entertain matchday sponsors ......and The Pilgrim Lounge! So you can see it's not just about providing a stadium for the first team to play in, we have to think about all these elements which provide funding for running the football club as a whole.

Rob and Paul have done a great job so far and the Chairman backs them as much as possible, but we are still losing a lot of money each year, possibly £250,000 again this year, so you can see why all these fund raising community elements are very very important.

The future is exciting but without your support and genorosity there may not be a future!

So, even with all these elements providing funding for running the football club as a whole, we are still losing £0.25m per year  :o
But aren't  these the same elements mentioned in the business plan that, when the time to relocate comes, are going to somehow provide the £7-10m required to build a brand new stadium for the club?
Something doesn't add up  ???

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
we are still paying stuff off and with the high rent to this is where alot of the loss is occuring i think

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 11:47:37 AM »
we are still paying stuff off and with the high rent to this is where alot of the loss is occuring i think

Chris's figures are more than interesting. I thought when the club came out the CVA all debts to creditors were paid so I assumed there was a clean slate apart from having to continue paying the rent

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 01:02:57 PM »
Im not sure but as it at a guess, last year it was 250 k ish. this year many things have gone towards plugging the gap in some way or form. how ever lets not forget that this season has seen a Near 60k back rent. 75k on that phantom loan nobody knew about, add to that intrest and legel cost im affraid to say it dont make pritty reading.

Bob Lee

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »
I do not know the full details, but I would think with the only income of note coming from home gates we would struggle.

What is needed is a facility that can be used 24/7 not just once every two weeks.

I would like to see a ground with 5000 capacity, just in case ::)

I would like to see the stadium used for some other sport as well, so that we can benefit from two incomes.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
Nothing new here .... fairly swift relocation was always high on the list of priorities for current owners. The building of additional infrastructure to provide other revenue streams was even part of the grand schemes of Evans, Sotnick et al.

Initial capacity needs to be limited, (3,000) with the ability to expand if and when needed.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »
I really do think its short term thinking to build anything less than a Conference ready ground with a minimum 1000 seats and standing for 3-4000 as a minimum.

If you think small you end up being small. Don't compare us to the likes of Nantwich, we're only in the same league as them because of crooks, the reality is we're a club 5 or 6 times bigger than them.

We're a Conference size club capable of attracting 2000 people through the gates if we get up there and as was proved during our time in the league 6000 on exceptional days.

I remember going to Hednesford on that Monday at the end of our 1st conference season and the ground was uncovered on 2 sides, having been back since its now covered on all 4 sides.......its that kind of facility we should aim for, not something that will stop you getting promotion like Natwich have.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
I really do think its short term thinking to build anything less than a Conference ready ground with a minimum 1000 seats and standing for 3-4000 as a minimum.

If you think small you end up being small. Don't compare us to the likes of Nantwich, we're only in the same league as them because of crooks, the reality is we're a club 5 or 6 times bigger than them.

We're a Conference size club capable of attracting 2000 people through the gates if we get up there and as was proved during our time in the league 6000 on exceptional days.

I remember going to Hednesford on that Monday at the end of our 1st conference season and the ground was uncovered on 2 sides, having been back since its now covered on all 4 sides.......its that kind of facility we should aim for, not something that will stop you getting promotion like Natwich have.
Its all good comming up with expected figures but lets eware ans build as we go, Building to much to fast and having big areas of the ground that wouldnt be used at this moment would be a complete waist of time and money