Author Topic: Scarborough  (Read 2346 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Scarborough
« on: August 28, 2022, 10:07:52 AM »
It was always going to be a tricky fixture regardles of where we are at the moment so with that in mind I feel there were a few more possitives yesterday. Well the result for example, if we wre winning our home games I am sure that would have been a very acceptable result away from home. There was much more intensity in our play closing down well and in all honesty restricting Scarborough to very few chances if any ( the free kick from which they scored was unstoppable) certainly we created far more than they did. Sendings off were inevitable elbows and head butting sheer stupidity.
Many know my views on some of our players so I will not mention names but will say this, Yesterday I thought they all did their best and grafted well and were the better team, please don't take this as a view that we are any way near where we should be but all I ever ask is that those on the pitch give it 100% and they did yesterday. As I say a long way to go and still some just not good enough but credit for effort yesterday.  UTP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scarborough
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 11:00:57 AM »
Nicely balanced review Mel

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 11:09:32 AM »
Players worked harder than previous so kudos for that. But let's be quite frank, Scarborough were atrocious and we weren't much better, the lack of quality on the field is particularly worrying. 5 was the most passes we put together the whole of the second half. Big changes are needed IMO as this is some of the worst football I have ever seen.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 11:11:10 AM by Terry dactyl »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 11:36:05 AM »
Players worked harder than previous so kudos for that. But let's be quite frank, Scarborough were atrocious and we weren't much better, the lack of quality on the field is particularly worrying. 5 was the most passes we put together the whole of the second half. Big changes are needed IMO as this is some of the worst football I have ever seen.

Very fair comment but as Scarborough have started so well could the reason they were atrocious yesterday be that as you mentioned our players working harder and not allowing them settle on the ball? By the way I agree that we are seeing some of the worst football in recent times and one way or another this has to be put right.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 12:28:17 PM »
Lots of effort from both sides in tough conditions (weather, 3g pitch, 10 men each) but so little quality it was frightening
We probably shaded itnin chances and efforts on goal but a decent side beats either by 3 or 4 I suspect

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 01:01:16 PM »

Very fair comment but as Scarborough have started so well could the reason they were atrocious yesterday be that as you mentioned our players working harder and not allowing them settle on the ball? By the way I agree that we are seeing some of the worst football in recent times and one way or another this has to be put right.

Yeah could have been too be fair, although the way they sliced us open with one kick from a corner was really worrying. I’m usually similar to yourself and try and find positives. Really struggling at the minute to find anything. It worries me that this team has the potential to be worse then Drury’s.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 04:27:22 PM »
For a change I've put my snaps from the game in a Flickr Album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA4N1U

Thought Boston played fairly well all things considered. With Brad Abbot going off injured early on, Tom Platt and Zak Mills out injured and Luke Shiels out suspended, it must have required a fair bit of juggling of players into positions they weren't used to. May explain why Leesley was playing out of position.

Must have been a bit different playing on that artificial pitch as well. Lots of my photos have trails of dark brown dust coming up off it. Surprised it didn't just melt in the heat.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 07:50:11 PM »
For a change I've put my snaps from the game in a Flickr Album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA4N1U

Thought Boston played fairly well all things considered. With Brad Abbot going off injured early on, Tom Platt and Zak Mills out injured and Luke Shiels out suspended, it must have required a fair bit of juggling of players into positions they weren't used to. May explain why Leesley was playing out of position.

Must have been a bit different playing on that artificial pitch as well. Lots of my photos have trails of dark brown dust coming up off it. Surprised it didn't just melt in the heat.

Great snaps Ken hope this is a regular feature on here when you attend games.