Author Topic: v Chorley  (Read 6423 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Chorley
« on: August 20, 2022, 03:27:39 PM »
0-1 down already, this doesn't bode well >:(

Batistuta

• View Profile
Re: v Chorley
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 03:38:26 PM »
2-0. Feel like a broken record, 3 at the back needs to die a quick death. Most of these players aren't good enough.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 04:06:36 PM »
Dodgy defence, nothing up front no midfield. What an earth is going on? We were led to believe how good all the new players were.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 04:30:29 PM »
3-0. Funny thing is Long is still probably MOTM. Love how people rate Wright, he's f*cking useless.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 05:01:01 PM »
FT 1-4 what the hell is happening?  I feel sorry for David and Neil but they employed this manager :(

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 05:17:41 PM »
Was away for this week’s game. Looking forward to an honest summary (Oxo?) How did it compare to Southport?

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 05:44:47 PM »
Cox’s appointment is starting to look as bad as When we had Drury in charge.   Does not help with those down the A17 taking 12 from 4. 

Could be an interesting post match interview.  No BS please.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 05:53:01 PM »
Simply put: We're s*** in every facet of our play.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 06:11:21 PM »
Taxi for Mr Cox.....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 06:15:09 PM »
I said in an earlier post, give Cox six games. Looks like D day is the Kettering match. Things have got to change quickly.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 06:27:26 PM »
Dificult to find the right words to describe that performance, On a par with the Southport game,worse than Gloucester, can't comment on Banbury wasn't there. So weak in defence, no midfield and sod all up front. The manager says he "will not stand for it and will take action" Exactly what that will be I can't begin to guess. A player like Nbeki sat on the bench  and not used until last five minutes from the end whilst leaving Abbot on is beyond my comprehension. I will of course be at Scarborough next week where at least we will be able to have a ride on a donkey instead of watching them try to play football so that
will be a bonus.  UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 06:41:43 PM »
What I will say is that two of Chorleys goals were class and when you see them on the highlights you will just go great goal. To pissed off to say to much but every team we play has a set up I’m not sure what ours is.  No recognised target man four games in.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 06:52:20 PM »
For Cox to say ‘will not stand for it and will take action’ after 4 league games seems to be an indication of extremely poor scouting and player recruitment. He had half of last season and the close season to decide on who he wanted and it’s unbelievable it’s poor in all departments. It will be a huge job to put right if Cox is even capable of doing so.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2022, 07:14:27 PM »
Something very wrong. Body language of players suggested a problem in the dressing room from the off. Shapeless. Idea-less and toothless when in the last third of the pitch. Effortless (not the good kind of effortless) in midfield. Often static and watching. Second to almost everything. Feel sorry for Crawford and Long who were let down today by many around them. I think 3 games is too soon to be looking for managerial changes (even though the heart says do it). 5pm post-Kettering feels very much like the watershed moment. Gloom+++

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 08:08:40 PM »
This is shaping up to be a nightmare!! What's the story on Davies, S Pollock, Solanke, Mills, and Leesley. No sign of any of them.