Author Topic: Funny ok game  (Read 4957 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Funny ok game
« on: August 13, 2022, 05:00:14 PM »
Another loss, early days but a bit worrying. Peterborough Sports beat Southport away from home 3-0. What does that tell us?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Funny ok game
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 05:02:47 PM »
Another loss, early days but a bit worrying. Peterborough Sports beat Southport away from home 3-0. What does that tell us?

Something has got to change pretty quickly, or I can see it being "Goodbye Mr Cox"!!!!

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 05:06:22 PM »
Very poor first half with six changes as well. Reassuringly apparently Paul Cox’s side start off poorly and then do better

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 05:08:49 PM »
Scrap the back three.

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »
The bottom line is we sit 24th. Whatever any of us had hoped for, I can guarantee nobody saw that coming. The optimism and hope we all feel at the start of a new season has all but gone and it’s barely the middle of August.  And yes, I do realise it’s early days and things can turn around, but nothing has gelled during preseason and we’ve hit the league season with a horrible bump. We can’t seem to create chances and we can’t stop the opposition scoring. Not a good combination, and a midweeker away at the current pace setters to follow.  I wish my glass was fuller, but it isn’t.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »
I suppose we could be Manchester United supporters......

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 07:28:45 PM »
6 changes today.  Seems like Cox fumbling around hoping to hit on something that works. Surely he has an idea what is best 11 is from pre-season.

Can’t fill anyone with confidence that Cox can put the season back on course.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 08:55:50 PM »
Nightmare of a day all round having to walk the last 15 minutes to the ground from the city centre as the roads closed due to an accident resulting in getting in just after we went one down. midfield dream team in Leesley and Abbott (should read nightmare) nobody capable of putting their foot on the ball and producing a pass. The only real chance was from a free kick which Shields nodded abysmally wide with the goal at his mercy. It has to be said Gloucester are not a very good team but I bet they would like to play us every week. Sorry but at this moment in time this squad look like relegaton fodder and unless the manager decides to play his best players some of who must be really peed off sat on the bench, and is able to make a couple of marquee signings the future looks grim. Of course I will carry on backing the club but many will soon get fed up. UTP.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 09:40:35 PM »
Thank God for ASLEF!!! Without them, I would have seen this mess.The post match interview makes it clear Cox thinks the players are soft. So why recruit them? It isn't that long ago when the likes of Ellender and Elding took "first-ball supremacy" to a whole new level. We are in trouble already and I am worried. UTP

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 09:49:13 PM »
Garbage. Didn't have a shot on target....unless you include a goal kick from Long going all the way through. Don't think any player came off the pitch thinking they'd had a positive impact on the game.

As above all that optimism has gone and we're wondering where our first points will come from.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »
All preseason, most of the fans have been commenting on the lack of a spine to the team.  Goalkeeper, creative midfielder and a striker.  PC brought in a keeper, got rid of a creative midfielder and failed to bring in a proven striker.  I can't comment on yesterday's match but listening to fans who went, they said it was hoof ball again.  This is all well and good if you have a 6'4" forward.  I hate to complain after just two games and Cox out is at the moment not an option.  But after six games and these issues have not been addressed, I think PC will be P45.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 09:37:14 AM »
Once again we seem to uncertain on the keeper situation. You need to stick with one and give him a run in the team. Christ even De Gea makes the odd mistake. We were crying out for someone like Denton if we are playing direct. No creativity.  What a mess at the minute.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 10:36:59 AM »
Repeat what i said last season. and whiles the end to last season offered a little comfort that i may have been wronge it looks like im still right.

Cox was a poor appointment. Yes he may have a promotion or 2 under his belt but its worth looking at how.

Eastwood town oct 2006 became manager and gained back to back promotion but then they got told they wouldnt be allowed to play in the conference premier. this was done by a very brutish and direct style of football. Also cox was been allowed to spend well over the budget and a unpaid tax bill led to a winding up petition. The club dropped down a league after cox left so they could try and get themselves back on level ground but playing the whole season on nearly no money see them finish 22nd and relegated to the Northern premier league one. This proved to be the final nail as the council barred them from there ground due to 9 months rent arrears. After 5 postponed home games they resigned from football.

Cox followed this up with a good recored with mansfield town but once again a very well founder mansfield town only difference here was John Radford was a mansfield town fan at heart and was happy to substain the founding to get the club back in the football league.

After that his record is at best average.
3 Months at torquay left due to no pay
22 Months at Barrow 1st season 11th, 2nd season 7th resigned 24th august and joined guiseley 11 days later.
Sacked after 29 games with only 4 wins
Record at kettering town shows with a balanced budget he will only offer mid table at best

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 11:55:37 AM »
Seems we have a choice.   Clueless or Coxless.   In fairness he should be given at least till the end of September. 

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 12:14:49 PM »
Seems we have a choice.   Clueless or Coxless.   In fairness he should be given at least till the end of September.
I would give him six games.  We need a settled side for FA cup.. we need some kind of a run for much needed funds.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late