Author Topic: Pre season friendlies  (Read 1984 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Pre season friendlies
« on: July 31, 2022, 10:35:58 AM »
So what’s the verdict then?

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: Pre season friendlies
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 11:03:09 AM »
Keepers look good, defence and midfield look strong. Still lacking creativity and pure pace, not sure where the goals are going to come from.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 01:53:40 PM »
I guess that about sums it up. No 5 (Mbeka?) looks OK.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 05:20:08 PM »
Not managed to see any games so I can't comment.
I've seen many years of preseason friendlies, some we won all of them and then we were poor during  the season.
Last season I think we lacked a bit of pace in certain areas, hopefully we have rectified that.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 10:10:37 AM »
Keepers look good, defence and midfield look strong. Still lacking creativity and pure pace, not sure where the goals are going to come from.

Agreed. Little worried about our lack of hight along the back but on the ground we look good at the back. Also think the players we have would be better in a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-2-1-2 with abbott playing DM and Pollock in AM. Only thing i will disagree on is creativity as i think we are creactive. Just think we are a bit like a brand new knife that is missing the point