Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 5082 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Season tickets
« on: May 27, 2022, 05:14:49 PM »
Season tickets go on sale 7th June.  Early bird prices till June 30th. No increase in the price. With one extra game to be played at home ( I think ) we have actually received a reduction.  I presume this is DN's way of thanking the fans.  Top man.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 08:33:18 PM »
Definitely a top man
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 09:50:57 PM »
Shame I have been told today that I have to move my 2 season ticket seats to make way for corporate…3 more rows needed :(

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 08:23:24 AM »
Shame I have been told today that I have to move my 2 season ticket seats to make way for corporate…3 more rows needed :(

Shows exactly where the real fans are in the clubs priorities.For all the soundbites about the great support over the season we're a very distant second in priority to the corporate brigade.

Soon the whole middle section will be given over to corporate.

Have they offered you anything by way of a sweetener for the inconvenience?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 09:02:05 AM »

Shows exactly where the real fans are in the clubs priorities.For all the soundbites about the great support over the season we're a very distant second in priority to the corporate brigade.

I honestly don't know why you think like this - those corporate seats will be bringing in the cash to fund a promotion bid, that's exactly why York Street was never going to help us move on in the world. Just think of the sweet sweet $$$$! Also every fan I've met in Club 85 is a "real" fan - many of them are old boys who've been going since the 50s!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 09:29:34 AM »

I honestly don't know why you think like this - those corporate seats will be bringing in the cash to fund a promotion bid, that's exactly why York Street was never going to help us move on in the world. Just think of the sweet sweet $$$$! Also every fan I've met in Club 85 is a "real" fan - many of them are old boys who've been going since the 50s!

I think like this because once again the match going fan is shunted aside in the pursuit of a few extra quid.

why should this guy give up his seat for a once a season supporter?

Reminds me of Man Utd the other year moving long time season ticket holders to appease the demand for more corporate seats.

Its such poor form and if it were me I'd be down The JCS making my feelings known.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 09:40:33 AM »
Do I count as an 'old boy' - I've only been going since the 60s!? But I agree that the new ground is bringing in the pennies, and if demand is increasing that can surely only be a good thing. Club85 is good fun. When I've been I could just as easily sit in my usual place, but if you've invited others along it's nice to watch with them. More for the coffers.

Fortunately I haven't been told yet that I have to move seats. It would be good if the club could isolate visiting fans in a section of the main stand. There were some particularly irritating Kettering fans in front of me at that game!

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 03:36:41 PM »
So I actually have 2 season tickets , one of which I alternate between my father in law and daughter. I rang in this morning and apparently there are 50 fans affected. They want the corporate fans together instead of scattered about and (I have done 2 matches in there) it is a pain with people trying to find their seats throughout the stand around kick off. The lady involved (Claire) was very helpful and apologetic. Apparently we are getting a day in Club 85 as an apology. I was lucky that I’ve managed to get slightly more central seats albeit one row lower. They say behaviours are everything and the way I have been treated and spoken to has made me philosophical about it (good job after 52 years supporting)! However, thanks for the support NFs….UTP.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 03:48:33 PM »
Yeah, Clare is very nice and that's a proper gesture as I'd expect from DN but again this should have been sorted in the many months during Covid with no fans. Common sense says give a block of seats for the corporate customers but I don't work at a football club so I don't know what the thinking was. 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 07:55:57 AM »
On the subject of Club 85ers, could do with getting them out five minutes before kick off and then having someone direct them to their seats. Bit chaotic at times last season and a bit frustrating trying to match the first five minutes of the match with them all over the place!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2022, 09:05:13 AM »
On the subject of Club 85ers, could do with getting them out five minutes before kick off and then having someone direct them to their seats. Bit chaotic at times last season and a bit frustrating trying to match the first five minutes of the match with them all over the place!

As a regular in Club 85 myself I agree with this, the rush to the seats and then the wondering about must be irritating for other fans.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 09:07:49 AM »
So I actually have 2 season tickets , one of which I alternate between my father in law and daughter. I rang in this morning and apparently there are 50 fans affected. They want the corporate fans together instead of scattered about and (I have done 2 matches in there) it is a pain with people trying to find their seats throughout the stand around kick off. The lady involved (Claire) was very helpful and apologetic. Apparently we are getting a day in Club 85 as an apology. I was lucky that I’ve managed to get slightly more central seats albeit one row lower. They say behaviours are everything and the way I have been treated and spoken to has made me philosophical about it (good job after 52 years supporting)! However, thanks for the support NFs….UTP.

That's a bit odd - I thought the corporates were already sat together in the padded seats. There was once block one side of the directors' box and a smaller block the other side. Didn't realise there were others scattered about elsewhere.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 10:26:17 AM »
Yes, they’re not together and both ends of the stand...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 12:17:25 PM »
No increase in the price.
For matchday prices, yes. Expect a minor increase due to have 2 extra home games next season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 12:19:44 PM »
Do I count as an 'old boy' - I've only been going since the 60s!? But I agree that the new ground is bringing in the pennies, and if demand is increasing that can surely only be a good thing. Club85 is good fun. When I've been I could just as easily sit in my usual place, but if you've invited others along it's nice to watch with them. More for the coffers.

Fortunately I haven't been told yet that I have to move seats. It would be good if the club could isolate visiting fans in a section of the main stand. There were some particularly irritating Kettering fans in front of me at that game!

Technically the West Stand is home fans only, but I suppose having failed to provide any seating for away fans we're obliged to accommodate those who need to sit down in amongst the home fans! It does render the entire segregation a bit moot, but then again we always used to get away fans in the Main Stand at York Street and the club was essentially powerless to stop them.