Author Topic: Promotion Final tickets  (Read 6415 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Promotion Final tickets
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2022, 08:03:59 AM »
E mail sent

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 08:47:08 AM »
How sickening for the many who never miss a game home and away like my grandson Nick Moxon. York yobs who caused all the damage which resulted in this pathetic allocation can freely get tickets to cause more problems, also I see their season ticket holders can purchase two each. We suffer for the actions of their morons. If anyone on here is a season ticket holder and cannot make the game please let me have it for my grandson Nick. Thank you.

I feel for Nick, stands just below me in the Town End and seen him at many an away game this season. I'm in the same boat, am slightly more hopeful since Craig said we only have 500 season ticket holders but they'll still be a huge demand for the remaining 370ish that go to general sale. Everybody has their own situation/story but it'll annoy me if many of the 'hardcore' are missing out in place of some of these who have only done Farsley, Kiddy (PO) and Fylde (PO) away all season!

Pleased to report a great fan who can't make it has provided our Nick with his season ticket. Hope all other deserving fans manage to get one. I know someone who has bought 4 from the York website no questions asked.

York are in the process of cancelling any tickets they suspect have been bought by Boston fans. BUSA are also - quite rightly - refusing transport to anyone with tickets in the home end.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 10:07:29 AM »
Went on to "JustPark" and bought all day parking at Sainsburys for £4.09 - approximately 5 mins. walk away

Thanks for that, great.

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 10:12:53 AM »
e-mail also sent as a BUFC living in Manchester, i can not get tickets and go to many away games. Game should have been switched to a stadium with much greater capacity after knowing the 2 teams involved - but York would not have liked to lose home advantage.

mdfman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 11:43:02 AM »
I'm afraid it is nonsense to suggest the game is moved to a bigger capacity ground. York finished above us in the league so they get home advantage. We all know the rules. Boston's capacity is much smaller than York's so we would have had the same problems and possibly more if the game was held there.Would you want us to give up home advantage if we had it just so more York fans could go? Of course not! I get so fed up with people on here slagging off other teams for no reason other than that they are not Boston United.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 11:49:09 AM by mdfman »

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 12:03:12 PM »
Actually the rules aren't as clear as you might think...

APPENDIX C
THE NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH & SOUTH PLAY-OFFS 2021/22
COMPETITION RULES
1. At the end of the season, the clubs who finish in 2nd 3rd 4th 5th, 6th& 7th at the end of the Playing
Season in accordance with Membership Rule 12 and whose registered home ground has been
inspected on or before 1 April in the season and meets the Grading requirements in force that season
and the Entry Criteria for Admission to Full Membership of the Football Conference Limited shall be
eligible to enter the end of season National League North & South Play-Offs competitions respectively
. If a Club is not eligible to enter the Competition then it shall not take part in any play-off matches. In
that event such Club shall not be replaced and the Competition structure and draw shall be adjusted
as necessary by the Board on the basis of the remaining Clubs’ final league positions.
2. There shall be a Qualifying Round, Semi-Finals and a Promotion Final. All ties shall be played over a
single leg. The Promotion Final shall be staged at a neutral ground selected by The National League
Board of Directors. If a neutral ground is not selected the Promotion Final shall be staged at the ground
of the Club in the tie finishing highest at the end of the Playing Season in accordance with National
League Rule 12.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2022, 12:38:47 PM »
Very interesting, Chris B; thank you!

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »
Further to the comments on York City having identified tickets bought by Boston United supporters and in the are in the process of cancelling them.

How have these tickets been identified? Presumably, the ticketing system payment process has identified the address of the payment card, and also that the purchaser may well have been a recent ‘sign-up’ on the system?

I wonder, though, if the York ticketing system would be ‘intelligent’ enough for it to recognise that someone who has a Boston area address, but has been registered on the ticketing system a long time and has a previous purchase history, is more than likely a genuine York City fan?

In and around where I live in Greater Manchester there must be fans of different clubs living all over the place in the different neighbouring close-by towns.

As an example, I know a Wigan Athletic fan who lives near me in Bolton. He goes to all the Wigan home matches but not sure if he, having a Bolton address, had an issue getting a ticket for the Wigan v. Bolton game from the Wigan website. The towns are just 8 miles apart with the council borders being just about 4 miles from each town centre, so both clubs may well have a number of fans living in each other’s town boroughs.

And, before they went bust, I wonder what would have happened for Bury FC fans living in Bolton (6 miles apart) trying to buy tickets for Bolton v. Bury from the Bolton website. Both Bury and Bolton share ‘BL’ postcodes.

I mentioned on another thread that I only purchase tickets for our away matches from the opponents’ ticketing system if I know the away fans are assigned areas behind the goal or in the corner of the pitch. I just cannot get on with watching a game from those positions.

As a Boston United fan living in Greater Manchester, I’ve never had any difficulty obtaining tickets this way. Someone with a Bolton postcode buying tickets for AFC Fylde v. Boston United (as I did for last Sunday’s game) does not probably ‘flag-up’ any issues.

Well, I say ‘never’ – I didn’t actually get tickets yesterday afternoon from the York website. I had two tickets in my basket for along the touchline, paid for them and had a message to say that the tickets would be in my InBox within 2 hours. Not so long afterwards I had another message to say that there was a subsequent error on the payment process authorisation and I needed to repeat the purchase. Of course, by then, the tickets had disappeared from my basket and it was ‘sold out’.

And, I’ve found out this morning that the exact same thing happened to a York City supporter who lives a few miles away from me in Ashton-Under-Lyne. He’s an ex-work colleague of mine at Manchester City Council and we have kept in touch from time-to-time since we both retired. I called him this morning – and he was even more livid than I was that this had happened.  Another problem to add to the list shown in one of those two earlier links to articles I posted.

He's only missed three games home-and-away all season and wasn’t able to get a ticket for the Brackley v. York game either last Saturday when their 2,000 allocation was reduced by 1,400 to 600. He's also livid with the York City fans that have caused all the reduced capacity issues.

And, for those 878 fans who get tickets for the away end on Saturday, I’ve just read this on the National League Fans Forum. Enjoy the experience, but please be prepared and careful.

One poster wrote:- “Why did York City build the away end so small? It looks disproportionately smaller than all the other stands. Built the same it could have taken the capacity to between 9500-10k.”

A Chester fan replied:- “There will be an accident in that away end at York one day, ridiculously uncomfortable and there were crushes going on when we went and we hardly filled it either but were made to be clustered up together. Horribly designed.”

And from a Darlington fan:- “Agreed, we had over 600+ there on a Tuesday night and it was really uncomfortable. Everyone was so close together being squeezed in by the police.”

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Promotion Final Tickets
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 02:07:51 PM »
Actually the rules aren't as clear as you might think...

APPENDIX C
THE NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH & SOUTH PLAY-OFFS 2021/22
COMPETITION RULES
1. At the end of the season, the clubs who finish in 2nd 3rd 4th 5th, 6th& 7th at the end of the Playing
Season in accordance with Membership Rule 12 and whose registered home ground has been
inspected on or before 1 April in the season and meets the Grading requirements in force that season
and the Entry Criteria for Admission to Full Membership of the Football Conference Limited shall be
eligible to enter the end of season National League North & South Play-Offs competitions respectively
. If a Club is not eligible to enter the Competition then it shall not take part in any play-off matches. In
that event such Club shall not be replaced and the Competition structure and draw shall be adjusted
as necessary by the Board on the basis of the remaining Clubs’ final league positions.
2. There shall be a Qualifying Round, Semi-Finals and a Promotion Final. All ties shall be played over a
single leg. The Promotion Final shall be staged at a neutral ground selected by The National League
Board of Directors. If a neutral ground is not selected the Promotion Final shall be staged at the ground
of the Club in the tie finishing highest at the end of the Playing Season in accordance with National
League Rule 12.

Surely then, with us both being amongst the top supported teams in this League, the National League heirarchy should have taken this into consideration and
selected a neautral ground!! It beggars belief.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2022, 02:12:50 PM »
Could have had a bigger league ground nearer to York

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Promotion Final Tickets
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2022, 02:38:41 PM »
Football hierarchies are really not friends of the football match-going supporter at all.

See some Rangers fans complaining about the choice of venue for the EUFA Europa League Final in Seville. The stadium has a capacity of 42,700, yet there's another stadium in Seville that holds 60,700.

The same thing happened to Rangers a few years ago when the EUFA Cup Final was played in Manchester. It was at the Etihad Stadium which then had a capacity in the mid 40,000s. Old Trafford holds 75,000!! Manchester was simply taken over by thousands and thousands of ticketless Rangers fans that day. Streets were virtually impassable, all buses were either delayed or cancelled and some trains delayed. My usual 45 minutes bus journey home after work took almost 3 hours!!

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2022, 03:08:55 PM »
I'm afraid we see this cavalier attitude towards supporters at all levels. You only have to think of the cup semi-final at Wembley between City and Liverpool on a day when trains from the north west terminated wherever, and kick off times in general. And why did we have to go to Fylde on a Sunday when public transport is generally useless (there are no trains out of Oakham until lunchtime)?

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2022, 04:09:01 PM »
Live streaming beeb confirmed. £10

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2022, 04:09:44 PM »
Mmm. It’s beeN confirmed 🥴

wismo

• View Profile