Author Topic: v Fylde in the play-off semi  (Read 3126 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Fylde in the play-off semi
« on: May 15, 2022, 05:05:46 PM »
Well done today on a magnificent 2 - 0 win to get into the play-off final away at York City.  And what a marvellous support of up to 1,000 which was about half of the attendance.
Who would bet against us now?
United we stand..................

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Fylde in the play-off semi
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 05:11:38 PM »
Great result lads.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 05:14:24 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 05:15:00 PM »
Brilliant!!!!

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 05:37:03 PM »
From a pretty bad place at Christmas to this!!!!

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 06:06:40 PM »

Well done lads,brilliant result!! Confidence should be really high for next saturdays final.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 06:16:43 PM »
Outstanding effort!! Well done all involved and the all those who made the long trip to be the 12th man

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 06:50:18 PM »
brilliant result.....well done boys

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 06:55:30 PM »
It's amazing what belief does and we've got it in buckets atm.

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 06:56:06 PM »
Now I do know the way from Norfolk to York ! :)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 07:00:55 PM »
Arrived back home a short while ago. What a brilliant afternoon!!

An excellent display by the players out on the pitch, and fantastic noisy support from the supporters on the terraces and in the stand. The away end terracing was much more populated than the home end that's for sure.

We played with the wind in the first half, and often our forward balls were sailing off the pitch. Fylde probably shaded that first half, but goodness me, we dominated the second.

Everyone was just simply superb – although Marcus Dewhurst had hardly anything to do in the entire second half. Connor Dimaio slotted straight back into the team and ran his socks off – as they all did. We were so much on top that the AFC Fylde Man-Of-The-Match was their goalkeeper!! Well-deserved as he did make two particularly fine saves at 0-0, and none of their outfield players shone out as they simply weren’t allowed to.

And AFC Fylde showed their sportsmanship (not) at the final whistle with their matchday announcer. No congratulating us on the win, just ‘We’ll be back’ and then coming out with ‘It's time you all went home’ as our supporters and players celebrated together on the pitch!! He was duly ignored!! LOL!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2022, 10:27:44 PM »
Cracking match, cracking support and I  must say cracking referee. Unlike the idiot we had against them at home, he did not fall for their diving and cheating.

To a man the team have been outstanding these last two games.  I go to York with optimism. I thought Paul Cox got his tactics spot on, and bringing on Jake Wright as an impact sub was genius. Whatever the result on Saturday, I would like to say you have made an old man very happy
 Come on you yellows.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 08:57:24 AM »
Two weeks ago we drew with Gloucester and we were in general agreement that it was the end of the season and in reallity we were not good enough to do anything in the playoffs.
Since then with half a squad Paul Cox has got them believing and playing as if their lives depended on it but with also great football. Stiil on cloud nine and will be until next week and hopefully through the closed season. So thrilled for David, Neil, Chis and John our real heroes who have made this all possible.  UTP

Stannington Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 09:21:01 AM »
Energy Passion Pride Desire Belief .  What a couple of performances over the last 2 games. 

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 11:21:32 AM »
The last time I felt such elation was when we thrashed Derby County 6-1. Mind you, I was only a youngster then. On the pitch after the Fylde game, I heard one steward saying "We had better get this lot off the pitch." to which the other steward said "Nar, let them enjoy this moment". Interesting to note that their MOM was their goalkeeper. Ours had hardly anything to do in the second half which is a credit to the team. Well done to all concerned. Good luck for the York game.