Author Topic: Logic  (Read 1643 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Logic
« on: May 14, 2022, 07:24:02 AM »
Just an observation from Thursday night. On approaching the Boston supporters end stand I was stopped by a steward and asked what was in my bag. “Flags” I answered. She then asked me to show her the flag. “Why?” I asked.” “ To see if it is fire retardant” she replied. We spent a minute looking for the label and it was. “ I have two bits of stiff sharp metal wire that I hang it up with. Are they ok?” I said. Apparently they were. Surprisingly she didn’t check the other flag in the bag which wasn’t fire retardant as I’ve had it since 1982 ( using my part of my student grant to buy it at the time).
Entering the ground and hanging my flag in the back of the stand I wondered how it could pose a fire risk as the stand is all concrete and metal and smoking isn’t permitted.
However halfway through the second half it dawned on me why. As the stewards allow flares and fireworks to be taken into the ground a non fire retardant flag would be very hazardous.
Well done to the stewards!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Logic
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 08:12:57 AM »
Me and my mate in our mid seventies were both searched as we entered the ground, I have no objections to this however, it is quite obvious that many were not as it got nearer kick off time as idiots were allowed to bring in smoke bombs so I was not as impressed as you with the stewards actions or lack of them.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 10:04:37 AM »
It’s called sarcasm Oxo

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »
Great match hi-lights on You Tube by the way. Boston support can be heard very clearly throughout