Author Topic: Play-offs gate money  (Read 2557 times)

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Play-offs gate money
« on: May 08, 2022, 08:35:56 AM »
With potential of 3 away games to promotion !? Does anyone know if the gate income is shared between clubs ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Play-offs gate money
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 12:29:45 PM »
If it's done the same as the EFL play offs, all gate money across all games is pooled and split evenly amongst all clubs. It may well be different for us though, with matches being one leg, and no Wembley final
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 03:30:55 PM »

At step 3 (NPL), the gate money was split thirty seven & half percent to each club and balance (25%) to the league. Perhaps National Leagues split will be similar?

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 07:05:42 PM »
The net gate receipts are split 50 50 between the two clubs. Page 66 of the document below if you have a bit of time on your hands.
https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/leagues/10865_1631611317.pdf

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 10:12:09 AM »
Kiddy reporting lots of tickets sold (2800 as of yesterday morning so I should think will sell over 4000 by kick off), so a nice pay day for us and them. If we reach final and get York an even bigger pay day if they sell out their 8000 capacity stadium.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 10:51:36 AM »
"Only" 200 for us. Clearly this number will rise but it's a shame that lots of people simply can't make a Thursday night game from Lincolnshire without booking time off work. Had it been a Saturday we'd be taking hundreds more.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 12:04:58 PM »
Surely the league could have done the playoffs over 3 weekends. Extending the season by 1 week or condensing the 42 matches with1 extra midweek game could have made a big difference to attendances.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 12:36:58 PM »
Surely the league could have done the playoffs over 3 weekends. Extending the season by 1 week or condensing the 42 matches with1 extra midweek game could have made a big difference to attendances.

From the supporters' point of view (and particularly the travelling supporters) it would seem to make perfect sense to have the playoffs over three weekends. There's no doubt that the 4th v 7th and 5th v 6th 'quarter-final' games would surely attract higher attendances if played at the weekend.

I suppose one consideration by the NLN, though, might have been that if played over three weekends it would mean the 2nd & 3rd place teams would be waiting two full weeks between their last league matches and sem-finals - and could be seen as a bit of a disadvantage to them, even allowing for the fact that the semi-final is a home game for them?

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 06:44:26 PM »
Yes I know a York fan who thinks they lost their 2020 playoff to Alty in part because they had a long gap between competitive games. Admittedly that was four months as opposed to two weeks but I can see how even a fortnight would be too long a break.

As for having another midweek game to allow an extra weekend for the playoffs, I don't know but I always assumed we had so few midweek games this season was because spaces were deliberately left for any Covid-related postponements...

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 09:55:34 PM »
York beat Chorley tonight. Brackley v York semi final.