Author Topic: Can you believe it?  (Read 7274 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Can you believe it?
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
We win 10-0 and there's barely a post the day after the game?

FWIW well done to the team and management on a really professional job yesterday, and without being patronizing well done to Durham who did their very best to play football at all times despite being hopelessly out of their depth, I hope fortune smiles on them soon. 

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can you believe it?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »
not a major amount of post at all since xmas, but yes well done to those concearned and durham who ill say i felt a little sorry for. There keeper should try and get into football once his time with durham ends(or put himself forward for next season) i do really think he could go far in the game

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »
We did what was expected of us.  Totally dominated, and we could have had 20, but for their keeper.

well done lads, boosted the goal difference - you never know - it might be important at the end of the season.

Bring on Kendal - lost 3-0 at Burscough yesterday - beware the backlash!!!!

Come on boys, you can do it.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 06:23:52 AM »
I did think about posting something yesterday but i got distracted! What can one say about the game, it was very exciting, we did what we set out to do and that was up our goal tally. The lads played really well and took ( most) of their chances.
Just a thought for the Durham lads, management and the supporters who made the long journey.
I take my hat off to you, you're a credit to everyone that follows football. Not many people would follow a team that probably knows before kick off that they're going to get beat. The Durham lads that played on Saturday never once gave up, never once resorted to 'kicking the living shit' out of the Boston team, well done to. The only blemish on the game was at the end when someone made a complete prat of himself and got sent off. I hope Mr Scott will be taking appropriate action by letting the person know that, that was out of order.
Now for the lad from Posh, what a game he had, never mind who we were playing, he was fanbloodytastic!!! I can't ever remember seeing a player make such an impact in their first game in over 40 years of watching Boston. I hope we can get him for a month, or even better, until the end of the season.  :)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
"never once resorted to 'kicking the living shit' out of the Boston players"
Well apart from the the Yates incident!
It was right in front of me and the lad just took a swing at his trailing foot, knocking it across the leg with his weight on. He couldnt do anything apart from go face down into the floor.
I can understand him getting excited but went too far. Just wish the ref partic at the time of the incident took place could have diffused it differently

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »
Was it a bird ? Was it a plane ? No it was that lad from peterborough. I wouldn't throw good money away to go and see him, he's so bloody quick my eyes didn't have time to focus on him. Seriously though, he should have a good future ahead of him in football and seemed very mature in his post match interview. Good luck to him and if you read this can you stay to the end of the season please. :bunny

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 06:34:08 PM »
Says something about people doesn't it. My rose-tinted glasses are working great at the mo, I think all those that took them off after the Lowestoft/Retford games that said our season was over (what a total over-reaction that was) are the ones you need to talk to  ::)

As for the last 2 games, the Sheffield game was a bit strange with them bossing possession but barely having a shot on target while we created plenty of chances and put a couple away for a reasonably comfy win.

Against Durham as has been said a very professional job by all concerned and a fantastic debut from the young lad from Peterboro. Shame Yates lost his head lets hope he learns from his silly mistake. As most have said Dirham players, officials and fans deserve special credit for never giving up and I wish them well when they can play off a level field next season (or so it has been reported).

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
Its also got something to do with the opposition, with no disrespect to Durham they are the whipping boys of this league, and other teams have hit them for more than ten.

If we had beat someone else 10-0 then we can go overboard.

We are still in for a real scrap at the top, teams have some massive games deficit so we can see some others (North Ferriby) join us in the top 3.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
Only 1 team hit them for more than 10, and they were using players they couldn't afford...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
Says something about people doesn't it. My rose-tinted glasses are working great at the mo, I think all those that took them off after the Lowestoft/Retford games that said our season was over (what a total over-reaction that was) are the ones you need to

Can I ask woad, are you female? I ask as you seem to have an inability to either move on!

Let's be clear here we have not been consistant, in fact if we had been more consistant against lower opposition our position would be stronger.

Nothing yet says we are promotion assured, we convincingly beat a poor side. Let's see what Kendal brings, any kind of point against them then yes wr can perhaps feel confident

there is still alot of games to be played, the one thing I said we needed against Retford was a strong midfielder, we seem to have got one, so perhaps I was not talking such rubbish

also let's not forget two games against quorn which I went too both and we where dire!

Bob Lee

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:29 PM »
I went Sarurday and enjoyed the game, but let's put this into prospective.  It was men against boys, let's not go overboard, we did a very good job against the poor boys from Durham.

What I said about the team after the F A cup match still stands, we missed an oportunity to make money which would help to fund our promotion push.

We have a very exciting few months ahead and for the first time in 3 years I am looking forward to it.

Good luck lads. ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 12:03:33 AM »
Says something about people doesn't it. My rose-tinted glasses are working great at the mo, I think all those that took them off after the Lowestoft/Retford games that said our season was over (what a total over-reaction that was) are the ones you need to

Can I ask woad, are you female? I ask as you seem to have an inability to either move on!

Let's be clear here we have not been consistant, in fact if we had been more consistant against lower opposition our position would be stronger.

Nothing yet says we are promotion assured, we convincingly beat a poor side. Let's see what Kendal brings, any kind of point against them then yes wr can perhaps feel confident

there is still alot of games to be played, the one thing I said we needed against Retford was a strong midfielder, we seem to have got one, so perhaps I was not talking such rubbish

also let's not forget two games against quorn which I went too both and we where dire!

That's a bit sexist mate, and for the record no I'm not female I'm the furthest thing from it. Just ask anyone on here that knows me. Having said that I knew quite a few females who know more about the game than you my friend.

Can I ask you something, do you want me to move on because you and the rest who like to spout negative crap where wrong. I remember as well as the season over quote things like we're sliding down to mid-table mediocrity, men against boys (I think that was one of yours) and anyone who dared to stay positive being shot down and told in no uncertain terms "this team is not good enough" because of a poor run. I'm sure if you'd been proved right you'd have been shouting about it at every opportunity.

I have been to every game home and away and only BPA at home have I felt we have played well and still lost. Every other defeat we have been below our best and in 1 or 2 games we have not had a lot of luck. So yeah you could call it inconsistency but with a completely new squad anyone who has an ounce of football knowledge would expect that. I think we are now seeing the team winning despite being below our best, for example Sheffield or SPS. I think that consistency is a problem for every team not just ours, every team has had a bad run at some time or other and I'm sure that it'll continue, it's what makes this league so much more exciting than the Premiersh*te.

Where did I say we are assured of promotion? The point I'm making was all the doom and gloomers where saying we had no hope of the play-offs, whereas now we'd have to have a serious dip in form to miss out (and me being positive don't think that'll happen). Personally I think we'll miss out on the championship, I'll never give up until it's mathematically impossible but for me BPA will win it. The play-offs are then a bit of a lottery but if we can get enough points for second we'd have home advantage guaranteed in both games (assuming we win the semi-final), which will be a great advantage.

I know how difficult the Kendal game will be, I went there last year and they took us apart on what can only be described as a mud bath. They are a big strong side and if we don't mix it with them then of course we'll come away with nothing. Even if we get nothing my opinion will not change. Of course there are still other tough games, Retford and Ferriby away and Guiseley at home amongst them. So there's still a lot of work to do, but I have every confidence in the lads.

I have another question, just how many games have you been to? You can't have been to many else you would know we already have a strong midfielder in Church, and if you don't think he is you know even less about football than I thought.

The 2 Quorn games and Lowestoft where 3 of the most abysmal performances I have seen but fortunately they cost us 0 points (yes I know how we needed the money from a cup run). Not really sure what that's got to do with league performances as cup games are always different.

Anyway I've seen enough to know that the team can compete with the best in this league, like when we demolished a previously unbeaten Nantwich 4-0 on their own turf, or when we went in at Guiselely 1-0 down at h-t and took them 3-1. Or how we took Ossett 5-0 without even getting out of first gear. So please don't tell me that I'm basing everything on Durham alone...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:13:54 AM »
Everything was done that was expected (and maybe a little more) but the two downsides were Yates stupidity which sorter put a dampener on things and whatever was up with Spencer Wier Daley on Saturday.  In a game where he could have had 5 in 45 minutes he looked very out of sorts.  We might see more of Davidson if the Posh lad stays as his direct style seemed to suit Davidsons bullish finishing rather than the finesse of Suarez.

Big test Satdee though as Kendal is a difficult place to go and will probably be like a bog ala Matlock  >:(
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »
I have another question, just how many games have you been to? You can't have been to many else you would know we already have a strong midfielder in Church, and if you don't think he is you know even less about football than I thought.

I have been to three away games, and probably 80% of home games. Probably that doesn't make me a real supporter, but as I have a busy job, and three kids 5 and under, one 6 weeks old, perhaps I have greater priorities in my life than football.

Perhaps my frustrations openly aired on the back of poor performances have been negative, but if you trawl through my many posts over the past 5 years there has been plenty positive postings in difficult times.

If people are going to choose to keep selectively posting past comments. Then perhaps best I give up on this forum and use my precious spare time on something else

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »

I have been to three away games, and probably 80% of home games. Probably that doesn't make me a real supporter, but as I have a busy job, and three kids 5 and under, one 6 weeks old, perhaps I have greater priorities in my life than football.

Perhaps my frustrations openly aired on the back of poor performances have been negative, but if you trawl through my many posts over the past 5 years there has been plenty positive postings in difficult times.

If people are going to choose to keep selectively posting past comments. Then perhaps best I give up on this forum and use my precious spare time on something else

flounce by any chance?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flounce

http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Flounce