Author Topic: Gloucester City  (Read 4062 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Gloucester City
« on: May 02, 2022, 05:09:48 PM »
Didn’t look like getting the second goal, their equaliser always coming. Now have to win at Farsley and hope Kettering draw or lose. Not good

steve m

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester City
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
Dreadful result....

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 05:44:19 PM »
This one hurts.  :(
Throwing away a playoff spot against lower table teams would leave many regrets...

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »
We didn’t create anything, passing was sloppy, we looked slow and their goal was inevitable. Interesting what Paul Cox says about the game but anything other than disappointing and not acceptable would be laughable. Gauling that it is Kettering who have advantage over us.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 06:33:18 PM »
Our season  all over. Raised expectation but disappointing outcome. Not good enough

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 07:01:20 PM »
I will be there next week more in hope than any expectation. Todays performance was unacceptable but so have many more this season. The manager will need nothing more than a fag packet to write his retained list and a couple of them are loan players. UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 07:02:48 PM »
Now have to win at Farsley and hope Kettering draw or lose. Not good

Or win by 2 goals more than Kettering do.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 07:31:26 PM »
Now have to win at Farsley and hope Kettering draw or lose. Not good

Or win by 2 goals more than Kettering do.

Just can't see that happening. :(

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 07:41:05 PM »
With you Mel...I'll be there too next Saturday (unless get Covid from the oh so crowded Ellenders with that massive crowd, 400 of whom won't be back for extra helpings of that football feast). This was woeful, embarrassing and thoroughly complacent. Miracles do happen but rarely for us. Despite my affection for some stellar individuals several of whom are on crutches at present, and some who are on loan, my retained list of permanents is very small. Feel so sorry for the Chairman and even for Paul Cox.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »

Fair play to Gloucester they played decent football their number 14 was absolute quality bossed the game and no one put a challenge on him.  Just leaving the lounge and Paul was coming up and I asked him why do you sit back after scoring one he made it quite clear he didn’t want that.  He was honest and direct and approachable so my opinion has changed.  One game I’ll be there this could be our carlshalton next week. 

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »
As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, I'll be there next Saturday. Even if we get into the playoffs I don't think we're good enough to make an impact on them so let's just enjoy the ride! See what next Saturday brings.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 10:00:14 PM »
That would've been an absolute travesty had we lost that. That's three games we've scored in injury time now though, you should've known it was coming.

Stadium's lovely.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:38 PM »
I also a very quick word with Paul and he was distraught not a good time for a conversation, so I just said we will be there next week and will still be singing so keep your chin up mate. He replied I know you wiil can,t believe it. Do I think he is the man for the job? yes I do it's the squad he inherited who have let him and us down, plus horrible injury list.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2022, 07:12:57 AM »
Gloucester's play merited a point - but did we have to hand them it on a plate?

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2022, 11:48:39 AM »
That would've been an absolute travesty had we lost that. That's three games we've scored in injury time now though, you should've known it was coming.

Stadium's lovely.
I think we did!