Author Topic: AFC Telford  (Read 2317 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
AFC Telford
« on: April 30, 2022, 09:15:10 AM »
Good luck today in a must win match. Injuries mounting up again, hopefully it will not impact too much on the run in.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Telford
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 08:17:51 PM »
What a frustrating afternoon, Having taken the lead with a very good goal frm Danny with would you believe a header, we went on to concede arguably the sloppiest goal of the season (and there have been a few of those) A free kick was awarded to Telford 10 yards outside our box on our left, we set up the wall and we were screaming for someone to to get with their player lurking on the touchline picking his nose and nobody within twenty yards of him, it had to happen the free kick was rolled to him and with all the time in the world he advanced unchallenged into the box to put it on a plate for a goal, Sorry but this was unforgivable and cost us two valuable points. Fortunately other results went our way but we buck up our ideas in the last two games. I have to say we really missed Tom Platt in midfield another one you don't appreciate enough until he is not there. Nicholson again looked our best signing for a long time and I hope we can retain him for next season wherever we are, any way on we go to Monday when I hope we see Stadium full to the rafters getting right behind the lads.  UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 08:42:31 PM »
Thanks, Mel, for the report. I'd intended to go, but the rail replacement bus service round Birmingham put me off. I went to see Oakham Utd v Stamford Lions instead, which was a really decent game with both sides trying to play to feet and in the right spirit. But I'll be there on Monday and at Farsley.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 10:46:15 PM »
Overall, a point today is OK. We are still in a play-off position. Monday evening's table could be very interesting. York play Fy£de and Chorley play Gateshead. 3 points against Gloucester is a must.
I'm not over-confident because I feel this season has not made me confident. However, if we have a chance of the play-offs, I will make the trek to Farsley.

UTP
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:49:02 PM by brummie exile 1960 »

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 10:52:24 PM »
It's not a bad point but again we're relying on others around us not winning. They shaded it today really, especially second half. We could have nicked it, they had enough chances to nick it. At best it was a 6 out of 10 performance. If we stumble into the play-offs we'll get mauled at Kiddy.

I just hope we take a good following and score a goal which means something, if we do get there!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 11:10:11 PM »
Whilst I don’t want to be negative if we have any chance of progressing surely we should go there and win. Wasn’t there but will be Monday and Saturday but if we are seriously anywhere near shouldn’t we be beating teams like Telford ?

Worsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 02:37:58 PM »
Yes, we should.
If we have any serious ambition of promotion this season then 9 points from the last 3 games should be a minimum requirement.
We should be beating the likes of Telford, Gloucester and Farsley.
We have been playing the same teams at this level for far too long.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »
It's not a bad point but again we're relying on others around us not winning. They shaded it today really, especially second half. We could have nicked it, they had enough chances to nick it. At best it was a 6 out of 10 performance. If we stumble into the play-offs we'll get mauled at Kiddy.

I just hope we take a good following and score a goal which means something, if we do get there!

If we could beat Brackley at their place, we can beat Kiddy!

BUT.... how many times have we put two solid performances together this season? We haven't. That's what's likely to kill us in the playoffs. We'd beat Kidderminster and then get savaged by Chorley.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 06:11:51 PM »
exactly Pete.

I can't get excited about the playoffs - even if we make them (which i fear we wont) given our consistent inconsistency.

Feels a real what if season imo...