Author Topic: Fylde  (Read 2986 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fylde
« on: April 23, 2022, 11:18:43 AM »
Good luck today with a bumper crowd expected.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 05:05:08 PM »
Lost 1-3 :(

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 05:14:20 PM »
I honestly believe we've improved,  but still way off the mark when it comes to beating top
teams.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 05:18:08 PM »
Officials were diabolical, we didn't capitalise on set pieces in the second half, they were the better team over 90 minutes. We move on.

Promotion is gonna be really tough, whatever happens there's definitely been an improvement. Think next season we should be looking for dangerous players from set pieces; corners and throw-ins for definite.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 06:28:07 PM »
No doubt Fylde are a very good side but they also are a team who know how to dive and take advantage of a very poor official.
On another subject well done to David Whittle on being drawn out of the BUSA hat to be match ball sponsor next Monday.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 06:40:17 PM »
I was sat next to an ex league ref/lino  he said early on that the ref was out his depth and not prepared to make the big decisions. He also commented on his movement or rather lack of it. He would have given a pen for the assault on  Femi and also said it was a straight  red for the hacking of Femi late on.
He also stated Boston looked a bit unfit (poss harsh)  no plan B, all moves appear to start with a 40yd ball... and maybe the management should concentrate on coaching and not bending the linos ear.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 07:29:05 PM »
3-1 to the referee. But with better quality officials it would still have been 3-1, with Fylde down to 10 men. Errors and slopiness at the back. Huff and puff but no real show from an ever wasteful striker and one who's only really any good at headers. We'll make the play offs alright. But some summer sorting required.

Worsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 09:06:29 PM »
I thought we bossed the game until the unfortunate equaliser and then we kind of lost our way.
There were definite signs of improvement today, especially in the first half and  the players looked like they actually wanted it.
And I also think that Brad Nicholson has been one our best recruits of recent seasons.
Also, today's ref shows the vast inconsistencies with officials in this league. Last week one of the best, this week, one of the worst, imo.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 11:12:28 PM »
I know a 3-1 loss today is bad news. But again a lot of the other results went our way. We are still 6th. Chorley are 5 points ahead with 3 games left, but their run-in is dodgy. The same applies to Kettering, York...etc...etc. My long distance telescope tells me we will need a draw at Farsley in the last fixture to make the play-offs. In which case, I will be there.

UTP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 06:25:40 AM »
Lots of whining about the ref, but the better team won. Simple as that.

Onto Telford!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 07:07:08 AM »
I'd agree with you up to a point Pete. Fylde were the better team, but would they have been if the officials had done their jobs properly. Having said that we, once again, made some sloppy mistakes and at times were our own worst enemy. But, let that concentrate our minds and, as you say, "onto Telford".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 08:22:03 AM »
I beg to differ. I thought we were the better team until Platt had to go off. We then reverted to the long ball when our enforcer was injured. Very poor and weak officials spoiled the game.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 12:43:53 PM »
FAO Ken, can you post the picture of the horrendous high tackle please.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »
Really professional performance from Fylde, a horrible bunch. They picked up quickly that the ref wasn’t up to it, number 11 constantly screamed and dived whenever challenged. Number 8 was a brilliant referee who was constantly in the man in blacks ear. We might have a had a penalty as Fylde dragged Boston players to the ground from corners a couple of times, there were some embarrassingly bad dives mixed in from Wright and Elliott. The big decision at 2-1 was the clear penalty when Seriki was kicked in the head, the keeper did connect with the ball but also the Boston player also. It was right in front of me and I cannot understand why it wasn’t a penalty and a red card for clear dangerous play. As for the late foul the Fylde player couldn’t have complained if he had a straight red. They slowed the game down and we’re just horrible but it helped to win the game and showed how to smash and grab a win away from home. We gifted them 2 goals and I still feel we are a long, long way off a top 3 team. Brilliant attendance again, just worry that next season if we aren’t up there pushing for the title the novelty factor will wear off.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 04:38:16 PM »
FAO Ken, can you post the picture of the horrendous high tackle please.

Here you go: