Author Topic: B P A  (Read 4172 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: B P A
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2022, 08:27:10 AM »
A nice alternative to the other forum on Facebook, is new group called Boston United Pilgrims. It has some ex and present players as it's members. I would put a link up, but being a thicko on all things technological, you will have to search for it on Facebook. ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 08:37:38 AM »
The Facebook forum is a bit wild west, isn't it? I was invited once by Richard Burton but having seen people tearing strips off one another I decided against joining it!

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 10:44:19 AM »
A 'bit wild west' is, I assume Pete, a more polite way of expressing what I think of it (I've just left it). Strange that so many who claim to support the club should spend so much time and energy slagging off most of its employees and fellow supporters. I note, incidentally, that the positioning of the apostrophe in the group's title suggests that it is a group of just one supporter.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 01:19:00 PM »
I found the group okay in the main. But lately it's got offensive. With women and younger supporters as members, some of the posts have been aggressive. I know it's 2022 but I respect the fact that foul language should not be used in front of women and children. Old fashioned I know.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 01:39:17 PM »
Not "old fasioned" Dip, but well mannered, as we of a certain age were brought up to be.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 10:21:14 AM »
On the Boston United Pilgrims Facebook group a nice little prize on offer. They are offering an original 1985 Wembley scarf. All you have to do predict Saturday's score.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2022, 01:19:52 PM »
Its very seldom i look on there anymore as it became apparent that if your opium and view wasn't in line with certain people then you was inviting abuse on yourself

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2022, 01:59:17 PM »
No-one's going to agree all the time, especially not when talking about a football club, but abuse is daft. Me and Andy Butler are always disagreeing on stuff but it never resorts to name calling and it's forgotten about the next day - or at least, it is from my end!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2022, 03:26:58 PM »
Its very seldom i look on there anymore as it became apparent that if your opium and view wasn't in line with certain people then you was inviting abuse on yourself
It's a different group mate. Boston United Pilgrims  is a new group with zero tolerance on offensive posts. It's modelling it self on Ken's excellent Pilgrims Patter. Take a look, idiots not allowed.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2022, 07:56:11 PM »
It's a different group mate. Boston United Pilgrims  is a new group with zero tolerance on offensive posts. It's modelling it self on Ken's excellent Pilgrims Patter. Take a look, idiots not allowed.
That's what i meant sorry. I should have been a bit clearer, I meant i seldom Look at the old group

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2022, 11:44:10 PM »
No problem mate