Author Topic: B P A  (Read 4156 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
B P A
« on: April 15, 2022, 07:25:50 PM »
What an entertaining game..  well done lads...
Well done town end ... Great noise from there today.
Even worked its way round to main stand.
A great day in the sun !

copper89

• View Profile
Re: B P A
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 07:38:24 PM »
Certainly a game of 2 halfs. Well done Cox for bringing on Hanson which changed the game. Feriki what a talent btw.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 10:17:03 PM »
Always say it when we win not many comment.  We lose there all over it.  For me today Nicholson was class his touch movements are class.  I can see us getting there   

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 10:46:14 PM »
First half was difficult to watch but second half was much better.

Main observation I have had recently is when we do start playing well we look more balanced as a team. Bodes well for the rest of the season and fingers crossed into next season as well.

Feriki and Byrne were absolute class today!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 06:35:17 AM »
A cracking game, particularly the second half. It shows what we can do when we are focused. Seriki had their defence in tatters. Great to see that we go continued to go forward after taking the lead instead of falling back to "protect our advantage".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 06:54:25 AM »
Thought Leesley's cross field pass to Seriki was Premiership quality. Seriki had their no 3 in his pocket all match. In the end they had to put two men on him. If we can get some kind of result on Monday. A little wobble from Brackley yesterday and we are one of the few teams to beat them this season.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 07:36:53 AM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Worsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 07:21:56 AM »
I thought the ref had a good game too, makes a change

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 08:39:51 AM »
I really enjoyed the game and thought the whole team played well. I believe the manager is right when he says the mentality is improving. I was also pleased to see more of a passing game. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and plenty of reasons to be optimistic..well done to the team and staff..

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 09:04:01 AM »
I have not said much recently as I have been a little peed off by so called fans having a pop at the manager with stupid comments ie: Hoof ball etc. Fortunately on this site we have members who in the main whether commenting on individuals or the team in general ensure their comments are constructive. For me the manager showed his experience yesterday against a very organised defensive team whos recent form has seen many clean sheets against good opposition. Heard afew moans when Jake was subbed for a big man, incidently Jake was not annoyed as he came off urging everyone else to get stuck in and high fiving the management team (Good to see). This proved decisive and led to a really first class victory proving when needed the odd hoof works when all else fails. Great see and hear the support ( by the way I was cosest to to the 1800 gate on the redictor just 4 away.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 11:38:25 AM »
I agree with what you say, Mel. A certain forum seems to attract intemperate views, but we are usually more measured here! How anyone could have suggested we played hoof ball against Blyth is beyond me. I'll be the first to admit I was disappointed when Jake Wright went off yesterday, but it proved to be the right decision. And our second goal was well worked. We're beginning to play some nice football at times, and you can certainly not doubt the determination. Nicholson is a good signing. I have my doubts whether we'll be good enough to go up this season, but there is encouragement for the future.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 04:07:01 PM »
I agree the first half wasn't the best but apart from the brilliant save our keeper made when the player through on goal and the penalty we were the better team, second half we were top draw, our keeper didn't have to make a save.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 07:46:37 PM »
Totally agree Mel.  As you know I sit with mates in the lounge and we have several guests on the table each week.  To a man they l enjoy the quality of the day and entertainment and value for money. Most have now been to Ellenders to try the food and make repeat visits to matches. The football at times isn’t the best but neither is many games in the top level. The one comment I always get from people is wow what a facility for Boston in general and that they never knew about it.  The club fan base is better than is was at the old ground which I was a massive fan of but really enjoying my Saturdays and the new way of watching my club.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2022, 08:05:06 PM »
Totally true Fishtoft Crew..
It's "home" and a great facility...a facility the club and TOWN should be proud of.
Re the "other" forum....I binned it a few months ago.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 08:39:02 PM »
Wholeheartedly agree. I was a fan of York Street for many years but the pride and joy I get approaching the new ground is something else. I've eaten at Ellenders,attended a Christmas party at the ground and for the first time will sample Club 85 on Saturday. All revenue to the club im happy to spend.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »
Totally agree Mel.  As you know I sit with mates in the lounge and we have several guests on the table each week.  To a man they l enjoy the quality of the day and entertainment and value for money. Most have now been to Ellenders to try the food and make repeat visits to matches. The football at times isn’t the best but neither is many games in the top level. The one comment I always get from people is wow what a facility for Boston in general and that they never knew about it.  The club fan base is better than is was at the old ground which I was a massive fan of but really enjoying my Saturdays and the new way of watching my club.

Spot on Lee what we as fans have now must be beyond our wildest dreams. It is my pleasure to be verbally abused by your table mates on match days as I sell the golden goal tickets. I attend BUSA meetings at the club and must admit that as I leave I glance behind me at the ground and have to pinch myself.  UTP