Author Topic: Guiseley  (Read 3502 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Guiseley
« on: March 12, 2022, 08:00:55 PM »
Good three points,  well done lads
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 08:39:20 PM »
Good three points,  well done lads

A much needed win and a clean sheet.  Left it late but we created lots of chances and could have scored a few more.
United we stand..................

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 09:11:51 PM »
Yep, generally played well I thought. Could have won by a much bigger margin. The Elliott miss first half was horrendous, much harder to miss than score! We had a 15min spell second half where we dominated them too and had lots of balls go across the box. Massanka who had his best game by a long way for us today air kicking when all he had to do was stroke the ball into an empty net. Nicholson looked decent at LB. Overall got exactly what we deserved.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 10:39:47 PM by scottbufc »

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 09:20:00 PM »
Shame to see that crowd trouble/ stewards getting pushed about

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 09:54:23 PM »
Shame to see that crowd trouble/ stewards getting pushed about

I only saw it after it had started but it seems like their steward started it

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 10:57:40 PM »
Refuse to go there as a few years ago there stewards (bullies) were looking for a fight was with my normal away mates amd they literally walked into us which included a few older guys.  Bunch of wankers   

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 08:38:00 AM »
As already been said a decent effort and deserved the win. The highlight was the steward (clearly with a slate loose) getting ejected from the ground by two women club officials, but seriously such behaviour by the man who is clearly a local thug should be investigated by the F A and action taken against the club for employing such a nutter.  UTP

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 01:17:47 PM »
As already been said a decent effort and deserved the win. The highlight was the steward (clearly with a slate loose) getting ejected from the ground by two women club officials, but seriously such behaviour by the man who is clearly a local thug should be investigated by the F A and action taken against the club for employing such a nutter.  UTP

It was disgraceful a situation could have escalated more than it did. One man simply created a situation out of nothing. Never seen anything like it!

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »
Apart from the rogue Steward a rare enjoyable away day. Good support from Boston 200+ and a good peformance. The football was a lot more enjoyable as well, looking to put the ball through a lot more and less of the hoofball we have seen recently. Could easily have been 4 or 5. Lets hope that a clean sheet and a win away from home could be the start of a run of difficult fixtures.

Up the Boston.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 06:05:56 PM »
Only my second game of the season, but I had my camera with me and just about remembered what buttons to press. There's a public album on my Facebook page (Ken Fox) with 180 snaps in it and I bunged a few on my Twitter feed (kenafox) as well. I've also put a small selection on the website here:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/guiseley120322.html

I may have a few player's names wrong so let me know if you spot any errors. They conveniently have their names on the back of the shirts which is a nice touch, but the photos are usually of their fronts. :)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 08:50:23 PM »
3 points away from home. Tasty. The next 7 games are 5 away and 2 at home . That will balance us up. 18 played at home, 18 away. We start at Alfreton on Tuesday. Can we get 3 points from Billy Heath? I dislike and admire him in equal portions.  One of the home games is Gateshead, which is bad news. I have pencilled in Curzon Ashton on April 9th for a day out. I posted a while ago we had a 50/50 chance of 6th or 7th place and I stand by that.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 10:07:24 AM »
Only my second game of the season, but I had my camera with me and just about remembered what buttons to press. There's a public album on my Facebook page (Ken Fox) with 180 snaps in it and I bunged a few on my Twitter feed (kenafox) as well. I've also put a small selection on the website here:

I may have a few player's names wrong so let me know if you spot any errors. They conveniently have their names on the back of the shirts which is a nice touch, but the photos are usually of their fronts. :)

Superb pics Ken! What kit are you using to get those?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 11:51:34 AM »
3 points away from home. Tasty. The next 7 games are 5 away and 2 at home . That will balance us up. 18 played at home, 18 away. We start at Alfreton on Tuesday. Can we get 3 points from Billy Heath? I dislike and admire him in equal portions.  One of the home games is Gateshead, which is bad news. I have pencilled in Curzon Ashton on April 9th for a day out. I posted a while ago we had a 50/50 chance of 6th or 7th place and I stand by that.

Good to see you albeit briefly on Saturday, cracking photo's again, I see the soft bugger I claim as my eldest got a bit carried away with the goal!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 02:08:18 PM »

Superb pics Ken! What kit are you using to get those?

I have a Canon EOS 7D Mark II and I use a Sigma 100-400 f6.3 for my football shots. It was fairly expensive, but it's also good for getting wildlife shots and not bad at astronomy, especially if I add in a 1.4x converter to get a bit more zoom. I don't charge anyone for the photos as it's just a bit of fun, but I did get a nice wadge of money (£750) from The Sun when they nicked one of my holiday snaps for their front page - of the walrus that visited the Isles of Scilly last summer. Which was nice.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 02:09:47 PM »

Good to see you albeit briefly on Saturday, cracking photo's again, I see the soft bugger I claim as my eldest got a bit carried away with the goal!

And also for the missed goal  ;D