Author Topic: Leamington  (Read 3396 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Leamington
« on: March 05, 2022, 06:37:11 PM »
Woeful, season over me thinks.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

steve m

• View Profile
Re: Leamington
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 07:14:46 PM »
Worst I've seen this season.....

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 07:41:30 PM »
Crowds dropping off, will soon be back to the 1,100 regulars of seasons past.

So much right off the pitch, so little on it.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 08:02:00 PM »
Most of the first half we had five at the back. Brad who I really rate was awful as nearly a right back.  Sadly it was dull as dishwater long ball today was shocking. Are we any better under Paul I don’t think so no shots limited goal mouth action. Luckily another afternoon in the lounge with mates but I come to entertained on the pitch.   Gateshead and Fylde to come at home we could end up below half way.  Really disappointed. 

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 08:37:18 PM »
Let's slow down a minute. Paul Cox didn't assemble this shower of sh*te so I'm reserving judgement until he's able to assemble his squad that plays the way he wants to play.

Majority of them today looked like a bunch of wasters. Is Hanson actually a footballer? Isn't just some random bloke they've pulled in off the street?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 08:59:41 PM »
Fair point. But we are at home so at least get some shots off and create an atmosphere was just boring long punt to Hanson. Burrows is on a different level so hopefully be back sooner rather than later. The new guy off the bench was shocking again.  But will be there again next game. 

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 09:05:54 PM »
But what about the first half tactics? Why when our excellent keeper has ball in hand do all our players sprint upfield and he kicks it straight up in the air to the half way line? Is that to do with poor players or poor tactics? The latter I believe. Who decided we NEVER play it out from the back?

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 09:36:56 PM »
Agree with all. Horrendous performance. All the post match interviews talking about us not being able to force a winner. We never looked like forcing a winner. I don't remember us having another clear cut chance bar Hanson's half volley where he was flagged off anyway. Really, really poor.

We need to give Cox more time for sure but he really hasn't hit the ground running. Playing like this even if we do sneak the play-offs we'd get hammered in them!

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 09:52:03 PM »
But what about the first half tactics? Why when our excellent keeper has ball in hand do all our players sprint upfield and he kicks it straight up in the air to the half way line? Is that to do with poor players or poor tactics? The latter I believe. Who decided we NEVER play it out from the back?

It was suggested that this is the style of play he would go for, and let's be serious I don't give a flying f*ck what style we play as long as we're winning, which is going to be hard to do with this ragtag bunch of misfits. It's nice to see they're still giving that extra 10%... /s

In terms of the style of play today it was strange, because usually teams play better with the wind but both teams scored when playing against it. Think that had something to do with it, as every kick felt like it took off and then skipped off the wet surface out for a goal kick or into the keepers hands.

But again, anything that was aimed at Hanson didn't stick either, especially in the first half where his headers were going everywhere except where they needed to. Roll on next season, gonna give it a while before getting the pitchfork out at least.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 10:02:21 PM »
My point is we won’t win anything with a style of play that involves a keeper being told to kick it straight up in the air every time, so I do care that we don’t play like that. There wasn’t so much long ball in the second half and we were more threatening..

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 10:25:50 PM »
It worked well for Ferriby when they beat us playing it and got promoted.

We went long just as much in the second half but the fact it was into the wind meant it wasn't going as far, so rather than going straight out of play it was coming down about the half way line. Both teams played better when they were playing into the wind (hence why both teams scored when they were)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 11:00:53 PM »
I have just watched the Paul Cox interview. I can GUARENTEE there will be a massive clear-out at the end of the season. He is a lousy actor. He does NOT rate this group of players. Of course he cannot come clean about this, DN would jump on him. I can only say, with some resignation, that next season will be better[World War 3 not withstanding].

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 10:59:07 AM »
Season's done. We're about to play the two top sides in the form table in York and Gateshead - and once York have had their way with us, they'll be miles off in the distance in 7th.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2022, 11:40:45 AM »
My point is we won’t win anything with a style of play that involves a keeper being told to kick it straight up in the air every time

Rubbish. You're blinkered if you only think pretty footballing sides win football matches.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2022, 11:45:39 AM »
I don’t. It just looked bizarre yesterday and a complete change of style with players who can’t play that way. Byrne looked lost..