Author Topic: York (A)- an appeal  (Read 1939 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
York (A)- an appeal
« on: March 16, 2022, 07:32:37 PM »
If any United fans are going back to somewhere near the west Midlands (or even manchester) and has a spare seat for the return leg after the game and would be prepared to offer a lift please get in touch. I'm looking at possibly stating over in Sheffield or Manchester at the moment as it's only as far back as I can get. Keen to do yorks ground as we may not get another chance if they go up.
Thanks
Josh

scottbufc

• View Profile
Re: York (A)- an appeal
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 10:37:53 PM »
Sorry, the same journey back as 95% of others for me I suspect. If it's any help and you're planning to book a Travelodge in wherever you stay over drop me a message as can get 15% off their website rates through work.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »
I think what compounds the difficulty of this away day is the fact their ground is a fair way out of town. I was looking at trains (I'm not fighting through rush hour in Nottingham!) and although I could technically get back some time after midnight, if I had to wait for transport back to York station I'd likely have to spend the night there.... which ain't happening.

Shame as like Josh I really wanted to tick it off.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 07:59:07 PM »
Even if it were at Bootham crescent I'd be no better off trainwise
Fewer trains post covid isn't helping  and those that run at night divert via an unusual route or just rake longer. Like york to Manchester being nearly 2hrs when it's normally 80mins