Author Topic: Vs Gainsborough  (Read 5070 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Vs Gainsborough
« on: February 15, 2022, 08:14:07 PM »
Who are Bunga and Mc Beam?

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Vs Gainsborough
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 09:40:13 PM »
Lost 2-1 to a team 17th in a league below us. Listened to the commentary. We sounded hopeless in the second half. Anyone went to give a view?.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 11:27:12 PM »
Most of them didn't look like they wanted to be there. Bring on the summer when the majority of them can f*** off. Fini.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 08:19:51 AM »
Lost 2-1 to a team 17th in a league below us. Listened to the commentary. We sounded hopeless in the second half. Anyone went to give a view?.

Pretty much sums it up. We did actually start quite brightly and the tempo, movement and passing was all much better than on Saturday. But as the game wore on we faded badly; energy levels dropped, we struggled to carve out any decent chances, we started giving away stupid fouls. Leesley in particular was bad for this - in fact he was pretty terrible the entire match. Crook made a couple of smart stops but yet again made an absolute howler of an error that might have easily led to a goal had the ball dropped slightly kinder for Trinity. The trial players looked hopeless, I'd happy see neither of them ever again. Rollins got more game time than I expected given the length of time he was out and although bright was clearly a yard off it. Towards the end Trinity had us on the ropes and had it ended 3 or even 4-1 we could hardly have complained.

Overall, best team won and we're just not very good.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 09:02:23 AM »
Bunga did a tackle in the second half that looked dreadful from the other end of the pitch - he got a yellow but probably would have been a red in a proper game.

And as Pete B says, you can't complain about the result, they missed a couple of decent chances and Crook did a good save, whereas aside from the goal their keeper just had to make routine stops. He did drop a couple of corners but we didn't capitalise on the loose ball.

I'm not sure I'll be watching too many of last night's players come August.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 10:19:37 AM »
Bunga did a tackle in the second half that looked dreadful from the other end of the pitch - he got a yellow but probably would have been a red in a proper game.

And as Pete B says, you can't complain about the result, they missed a couple of decent chances and Crook did a good save, whereas aside from the goal their keeper just had to make routine stops. He did drop a couple of corners but we didn't capitalise on the loose ball.

I'm not sure I'll be watching too many of last night's players come August.

I hope I'm not watching too many of last nights players come August too. Otherwise it'll be another wasted season.

It absolutely needs gutting this team, they really offer absolutely nothing.

And then the former goalkeeping coach has the gall to go on Twitter last night saying be careful what you wish for.........absolute comedy gold from part of the hopeless management team that brought this absolute car crash of a side together......I think the irony was lost on him. 

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 11:56:39 AM »
So why then does the manager seem to rate the quality and work ethic of the squad?
Who’s right?

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 12:01:38 PM »
The propensity to lose to lower league teams says it all. Once is bad luck, twice is a habit and three times is endemic!!!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 12:12:42 PM »
As much as I'm thoroughly unimpressed by this side, I could see some of the current lot moving on and being very good players for new teams - how many times have we seen ex players come back to haunt us?

It's just that for whatever reason they simply don't work together as a unit right now at Boston. Something's not right, and so far Cox hasn't been able to wave a magic wand and fix it which suggests to me the issue was less about Craig Elliott's day to day managerial ability or tactics, and more about him getting the recruitment wrong - again - in the summer.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 01:35:31 PM »
Stef Galinksi had a great game for GTFC for the first 60 mins. Looked solid and dependable in defence. That is the only true positive I can offer from in-person viewing. As others say, BUFC team needs gutting. Leesley, over complicated and berating team mates again. Crook sadly looks as suspect as ever. Elliott only chases a ball if the odds are 90% in his favour. Rollins understandably does not look at all match sharp. What a mess it was; how embarassed the travelling support felt when rightly goaded by the Gainsborough fans.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 04:28:17 PM »

And then the former goalkeeping coach has the gall to go on Twitter last night saying be careful what you wish for.........absolute comedy gold from part of the hopeless management team that brought this absolute car crash of a side together......I think the irony was lost on him.

Don’t think he will have that he coached Peter Crook on his CV

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 05:03:19 PM »
Can't see Dewhurst mentioning Rich in his CV either!

I think George Willis is one of the goalkeeping coaches at Sheff Utd though.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »
Could this be another managerial Drury moment?

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 06:19:35 PM »
I sincerely hope not…

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2022, 08:37:21 PM »
Any theories why Hamilton Bunga was playing for us last night. I think he has only played 5 games this season for Leatherhead!! Unless there’s another vastly more superior player of the same name