Author Topic: An excuse for a referee  (Read 4329 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: An excuse for a referee
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 09:47:45 AM »
. Anyway, how is everyone enjoying the cox ball show

You've got to give it time, probably even this time next year he'll still be looking at sorting things out because lets not beat about the bush, we've some proper tossers out there this season. In past seasons when we've had a poor side its been understandable as its been a rebuilding job, but most of this lot have come with good reputations and they've let everyone down with some pitiful performances. And the blame lies with Elliott 100%, for bringing them to the club and tolerating abysmal performances and terrible attitudes in some cases. I heard Duxbury said the players were giving an extra 10% since the change.......to me that's an admission they weren't giving it 100% before, surely that's a minimum requirement and a damning indictment of the regime overseen by Elliott.

Time..... Its taken him 15 years + to change his cox ball ways... Hardly think here is a good place for him to be with the Town end Lynch mob. Cox teams have never played football. He is a good manager for mid table but he likes it in the sky to much. I hope he goes on to prove me wrong but i really think we have made a bad one this time

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 10:14:40 AM »
. Anyway, how is everyone enjoying the cox ball show

You've got to give it time, probably even this time next year he'll still be looking at sorting things out because lets not beat about the bush, we've some proper tossers out there this season. In past seasons when we've had a poor side its been understandable as its been a rebuilding job, but most of this lot have come with good reputations and they've let everyone down with some pitiful performances. And the blame lies with Elliott 100%, for bringing them to the club and tolerating abysmal performances and terrible attitudes in some cases. I heard Duxbury said the players were giving an extra 10% since the change.......to me that's an admission they weren't giving it 100% before, surely that's a minimum requirement and a damning indictment of the regime overseen by Elliott.

Time..... Its taken him 15 years + to change his cox ball ways... Hardly think here is a good place for him to be with the Town end Lynch mob. Cox teams have never played football. He is a good manager for mid table but he likes it in the sky to much. I hope he goes on to prove me wrong but i really think we have made a bad one this time

Time will tell my friend.

But for all this talk of a new era it strikes me its the same old Emperors Clothes on the pitch

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »
I don't think Cox is going to get much time if I'm being honest. You can already hear some folks getting frustrated on the terraces, and it's barely been a month...

What's also not helping is a certain member of the old management regime taking to Twitter to mock the club and fans every time we lose.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 12:12:54 PM »
Another Drury scenario if we're not careful........

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2022, 01:12:45 PM »
I sincerely hope not.

But just imagine if Culverhouse and Bastock bring Kettering here and turn us over. I could imagine it becoming quite toxic quite quickly...

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 01:44:19 PM »
I sincerely hope not.

But just imagine if Culverhouse and Bastock bring Kettering here and turn us over. I could imagine it becoming quite toxic quite quickly...

I didn't want to say that.......

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »
Going back to my original post, I may be doing mr Brown an injustice.
On the highlights, Southport scored a goal missed by him and his assistant, Looks like the ball went over the line.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 07:30:42 PM »
Nah. I looked at that frame-by-frame and it bounced in front of the line.