Author Topic: The perils of going full time  (Read 3910 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Re: The perils of going full time
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2022, 06:03:34 PM »
On the televised Gateshead FA Cup match it stated that they were full time and their wage bill was £300,000 a year. Not much on average per person to live on

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2022, 08:55:17 AM »
That doesn't sound right. That's about £14k a year each for the playing squad. Over a ten month contract, that's basically minimum wage.

I can only assume Gateshead are stretching the definition of "full time" a bit and many of their players have other part-time jobs to supplement their wages, whereas ours have full-time jobs to supplement their part-time hours with us!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 09:53:40 AM »
That doesn't sound right. That's about £14k a year each for the playing squad. Over a ten month contract, that's basically minimum wage.

I can only assume Gateshead are stretching the definition of "full time" a bit and many of their players have other part-time jobs to supplement their wages, whereas ours have full-time jobs to supplement their part-time hours with us!

Gateshead fell foul to financial irregularities not so long back.  So maybe figures quoted on TV should be taken with a pinch of salt.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late