Author Topic: Farsley  (Read 1948 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Farsley
« on: January 25, 2022, 08:33:25 PM »
Where’s Green? Didn’t turn up

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Farsley
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 08:35:20 PM »
Shoulder injury apparently

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 09:34:55 AM »
Well done, much needed 3 points.  We huffed and puffed but got the job done in the end. We need a couple of players bringing in, with our squad down to bare bones.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 11:18:38 AM »
Delighted with the win and 3 points. Delighted the team seemed to play with more freedom last night. However, still feel we were somewhat flattered (almost to the point of deception) by extremely poor opposition who showed nothing going forwards. We again had a shaky 20 mins in the second half when there was a lack of confidence (seemingly self-inflicted and out of nowhere) and a lot of back passess and panicky balls at which point a good team would have equalised and got their chins up. A few of our players seemed to be running onto through balls at 80% effort rather than 100%. I think the new manager will want to move 1-2 on once he has got harder working or more efficient replacements lined up. Other players were nonetheless oustanding: Platt, Preston F, Byrne, Shiels to mention in particular.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 11:55:19 AM »
Struggling to think of a team as bad as Farsley in recent years. They were absolutely atrocious. That's not to take away from Boston's performance - in fact I think when faced with a team as bad as that you have to show some discipline not to try and notch up double digits, but we managed the game well and did what we needed to do without being reckless.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 03:46:53 PM »
Chester will be a better test on Saturday. Might have a new face or two in by then